17.) nothing was there

After giving it time to think over and seeing all of your lovely comments, I've come to the decision that I'll be continuing this book! After seeing all of your comments, it actually filled me with genuine motivation. So I shall continue this book until it's completed! Thank you all❤️

Now enjoy the chapter :)

And thank you for 6.7k reads, my Lovelies💕✍️

L U N A is typing....💬

-/•\-

TWO WEEKS LATER....

• F U N N E H •

       I yawned as I sat up, rubbing my neck. I half-expected to wake up in my bed back home, like I kept on thinking every day when I woke up. But alas, I never did. I always woke up in a small blue sleeping bag on the wood floors.

      Had it already been two weeks? It seemed like longer had passed by. Almost one month into summer. I didn't know how much longer we would have to stay in this dorm, or rather, how much longer we could afford to.

     Every day we ran the risk of getting caught. But we needed food and we had to stay hygienic, so a little noise had to be made. I felt like a refugee. It's like we were hiding from an enemy despite the fact that it was modern day and time.

        "Morning," I mumbled quietly to myself, stretching. No response. So either I spoke too low or everyone was still asleep. I rubbed my eyes and looked around. I was met with the sleeping faces of everyone around the room in their sleeping bags.

         Lately I had been the one waking up the earliest. That was new. I was almost always one of the last ones to wake up. But it was like the moment the sun was up, so was my body whether I was still tired or not.

        We had been eating stuff like sandwiches and chips. For the first week we had eaten fast food that we bought, but I'll be honest: you get tired of fast food real quick if you eat it everyday in a row.

     Gold and I had spent one day buying clothes for everyone (who didn't have their stuff like the Krew and their parents) so by then we all had pajamas to at least sleep in.

I decided to not wake them up and instead made my way into what was the kitchen. We didn't know if the school had shut off the electricity yet, so we had our own little ice chest of food.

I sat against the wall in the corner of the kitchen beside the counters and started to eat a sandwich we had prepared prior to that day. When I was thirsty, I grabbed a water bottle.

"Save some for the rest of us," I heard someone say. I looked at the stairs and I spotted Rainbow, who greeted my eyes with her own smile. "I swear if you make a pun—" She cut me off. "I'm gonna make a pun whether you're bread-y or not," She giggled.

I felt my eyes and face harden at her pun, showing I had no content with her joke. She laughed even more. "You love my jokes and you know it," She smirked. I rolled my eyes with a smile. "I just wish I had my daily pun calendar," She pouted.

       "We'll get you a new one," I assured her. She shrugged, "Maybe." "Wanna eat with me?" I offered. "It's not like we're doing anything else," She agreed, grabbing a bag of chips and sitting down beside me.

      "How are your new pajamas?" I asked her. "They're comfy, Funneh. How many times are you gonna ask me that?" She giggled. "As many times as I think is good enough. I wanted to make sure the pajamas we bought you are comfy," I explained.