27.) we need to talk

-/•\-
σиє σf тнє мσѕт вєαυтιfυℓ qυαℓιтιєѕ σf α тяυє fяιєи∂ѕнιρ ιѕ тσ υи∂єяѕтαи∂ αи∂ тσ вє υи∂єяѕтσσ∂,"
-Lucious Antaeus Seneca

• G O L D •

"Guys, we need to talk."

    Funneh's face sunk into a solemn expression, taking deep breaths slowly though she tried to hide the fact that she obviously didn't want to have a confrontational talk in the least.

   It was so weird seeing her like that. She was always so energetic and charismatic, laughing and bringing smiles to people's faces. She was easy to talk to, open and comedic. She was an extrovert. To be sociable was to be herself.

     But now she was quiet. She fiddled with her fingers and shifted in her spot, obviously uncomfortable and uneasy. Her hair draped over her shoulders and her hood, lifeless without any motion from her normally hyper self.

    She reached for the clip of her hood to where her necklace would normally be, but due to it having been used for the teleportation pearl, it was gone. Instead, she settled for rubbing the fabric of her hood.

   "Uh, Lunar, I think Draco could use some help trying to find somewhere to put all the trash," Rainbow whispered to Lunar.

    "Okay, you can help," Lunar shrugged before Rainbow groaned, "what? And miss this? It's just getting good."

    "Lunar, come on," Rainbow urged, yanking Lunar a way by the arm —much to Lunar's dismay— and left us all alone to talk.

(As someone with awful social anxiety, I absolutely hate writing scenes like this. I just as much hate confrontation and second-hand-embarrassment is natural for me)

    "As Funneh was saying," Gold continued my words, "I think we all know there's a few things that we need to discuss. Privately and honestly."

    "So we know we haven't been totally honest about everything," Funneh sighed, "not to say we were lying to deceive you guys, it's just, it's hard to say something when you're scared of the outcome."

    "But what's there to be scared about?" Kyran asked, "what's so unbelievable or unbearable that you're scared of our reaction?"

ONE YEAR AGO.....

"It's not that simple," Gold declared, shaking her head and crossing her arms as she turned to face the others, "we can't just go, 'oh, hey, guys! Forgot to tell you, we're adventurers who have done things that should be physically and logically impossible. All this time, we've just been lying to you!' Yeah, no."

"Exactly. It's complicated to explain. We're so fake," Funneh groaned, throwing her face into the palms of her hands as she sat on the edge of a bed, "we're just constantly lying to them."

"You're not lying to anyone," Rainbow assured, resting her hand on Funneh's shoulder as she sat down beside her on the front edge of the bed, "it's understandable. Some people would find it weird."

"Case and point! People find it weird; they find us weird! What if they think that too? Rejection is easy to handle, but it's not easy if it comes from people you're close to. What if they leave us? I trust them, but I just can't bring myself to say anything. We're liars," Funneh frowned, throwing her head back in irritation to which she collapsed onto the bed and crossed her arms.

"You're overthinking it. They aren't going to unfriend you guys because you were scared to tell them something," Draco reasoned, sitting down on the other edge of the bed.