23.) owed explanations

• F U N N E H •

"Haha, lovely home, isn't it?"

    Oh, my God. Why were they there? How did they get there? How was I supposed to explain to them? It wasn't that easy to just march up to them and say, "Oh, also Gold and I along with our friends from back home journey on life-threatening adventures where we make both friends and allies. Numerous times we've almost died but the town has hailed us as heroes before. So yeah, no biggie."

    It was weird. And what I was scared of was that they would reject us like how my mother felt towards the Krew. What if they ditched Gold and I? What if they thought we were freaks? Weirdos who don't know when they've passed boundaries when venturing. I didn't want to be left because of what I loved to do. And frankly, no matter how close you are with someone, there's always a possibility that they'll judge and leave you. The Gang were my friends, but would they be willing to pass a judgement on us? To abandon us because of our unique interests?

    "Funneh? What are you doing here?" Kyran asked, staring down at me while I sat up.

   "Uh, visiting?" I shrugged unconvincingly, "after a hurricane. Yeah, totally visiting. Nothing's wrong at all." I stood up, flinching as all the inflictions from the fall started to pain me.

The fall had sent me tumbling but what actually hurt were the cuts and one or two bruises I had contracted during the slip. A few rips were on the cuffs of my shorts, one on the side of my shirt, three on my left glove and one on my right glove. One bruise was on my elbow and the other on my knee.

    "Now we know you're lying," Kyran accused, "you voice gets even more high-pitched when you lie."

    I gasped, "It does not!" I realized how my voice sounded, laughing nervously while I started to slowly back away.

    "Where are we? Why are you here? Why are we here?" Aly inquired, looking at the top of my head, down to my shoes, then back up to my face, "and what are you wearing?"

    I opened my mouth to speak but nothing came out as I looked down at my clothes. The clothes. Good luck explaining that one, Funneh. It was totally normal to walk around with such an odd outfit with a dagger attached to a holster around your leg and a sword just dangling from the side of your belt in its own holster. Yep. Completely normal.

    "All good questions," I squeaked out, "it's actually a pretty simple answer. You see... I... uh..." I fumbled with my words.

Kyran and Aly gave me this pushy glance, waiting for my response. As for Alec and Evan, they had more confused looks than anything rather than a demand for answers. Though, it was clear they wanted those too.

   "Y'know what? This is my home. I can be here and I have a reason to. What I want to know is how you guys got here and why you're here," I crossed my arms.

    "Our answer can only be answered by you. We were dropped here the same way you were. When we were falling in that weird wormhole thing," Kyran frowned.

You hear that? That's me laughing. Good luck with this one, Funneh. I frowned. Curse you, self-aware subconscious of mine. I done messed up.

   "Well, you see.... it's with complete honesty that I, Funneh, can say the truthful words of explanation that you're waiting to hear. Being fair, it is what you are owed and deserve. And with full closure, I will tell you what you should know—" I'm interrupted by Evan and Aly quietly laughing.

    "Oh, my God," Evan laughed, shaking his head in a jokingly disapproving manner.

    "Are you stalling?" Alec raised an eyebrow, laughing along slightly as did I.