36.) hypocrisy

(You don't have to listen to the song but I really like it and it fits the tone so swipe left on the chapter banner)

"accepтance doeѕn'т мean reѕιgnaтιon; ιт мeanѕ υnderѕтandιng тнaт ѕoмeтнιng ιѕ wнaт ιт ιѕ and тнaт тнere'ѕ goт тo вe a way тнroυgн ιт,"
-мιcнael j. ғoх

•∞•

• F U N N E H •

    At least once in our lives, everyone has felt that bounce in our step, that jump in our hearts, and that flutter in our stomachs. That odd feeling when your lips curve upwards and the biggest smile is plastered on your face, unable to be discouraged by anything. That feeling, that wholesome feeling. It was indescribable in many ways, and I doubted me telling you about it could never get you to understand it yourself unless you've experienced it. But a lot of people called it one thing: happiness.

    Happiness was always a state of being cheerful or hopeful, an immeasurable amount of joy flooding inside you. It was a true shame that many people didn't experience the feeling often when so many of them deserved it. So many people fought to just get a taste of the feeling, and that was a sad truth. But at the moment, I didn't even remember the feeling of being sad. I guess being happy did that. Even if it was temporary.

When walking out of the hospital, arms linked with all of my friends and family, I felt so different. It didn't feel like a dream, but it was reality. It was a fantasy, but nothing about it was fictional. I felt surreal. I felt vivid. I felt alive.

Instead of walking back to somewhere in the rain, we decided that we'd just ride with our parents instead. Rainbow's dad was waiting for us in the exit of the sliding glass doors that led to the parking garage of the hospital.

"So, what do you want to do first?" my father asked everyone.

"See the world!" I cheered, "travel everywhere!"

"Go home and hang out," Evan wearily sighed.

"Eat my heart out," Draco laughed.

"I wanna see the world too!" Gold declared.

"WORLD DOMINATION!" Lunar screeched.

My father paused and left his mouth hanging, unsure of how to respond to Lunar's comment. She cheekily giggled as he shook his head and chuckled, "I like the way you think, kid."

"AYE, I'M A FAVORITE!" Lunar cheered, throwing her arms up into the air.

In unison, Draco and I yelled, "SUCK UP!" to which Lunar gasped.

"IT'S NOT MY FAULT I'M A LIKABLE PERSON! YOU'RE JUST JEALOUS!" she announced, playfully placing her hands on her hips.

"You wanna bet?" I challenged, raising my eyebrows and crossing my arms.

"LAST ONE TO GET TO THE OTHER SIDE OF THE PARKING GARAGE IS THE LEAST FAVORITE!" Draco announced, getting an unfair head start as he immediately started dashing away.

"NO FAIR! YOU CHEATED!" Lunar yelled out, gasping as my parents stifled laughter.

"DRACO, LASSY MAY NOT HAVE KILLED YOU BUT I SURE WILL WHEN I CATCH YOU!" I screamed, sprinting at full speed to catch up with him.