14.) into the fire

• G O L D •

As the car zoomed down the roads, the wind blew past us and through our hair. The sky was already starting to fade into a sunset, with its bright blue clashing into the pastel colors of pink, orange, and yellow.

The buildings around us started to light up, preparing for nightfall. Despite it being later in the afternoon, it was mildly busy and crowded along the streets by both people and vehicles.

Teenagers and adults walked up and down the sidewalks, little children accompanying some of the adults. Flashy cars would drive past us, flared in glamour. There were some small and dinky cars around us, but mostly there were normal and average looking cars and trucks.

Despite it being summer, the night started to cool the day, maybe already dropping a few degrees. It wasn't much, but anyone can tell when it gets colder after it being hot.

Music and noises filled the air, some rap, some pop, some country, some jazz, some Sinatra, some punk, some classical, you name it, it's playing.

Honking noises of cars and trucks, engines revving, tires screeching, vehicles roaring filtered throughout the air.

People were talking as they walked and drove, conversing, interacting, socializing, creating intercourse. In different languages too.

(By intercourse, I mean talking. That's what regular intercourse is. Sorry, just pointing it out because SOMEONE *cough* Misa *cough* thought I meant... something else)

      Animals were around us constantly. Birds were flying in the air, in formation, as people walked their dogs and carried their pets. Squirrels were running in the forests around us and other small creatures.

Different languages. Different conversations. Different people. Different music. Different animals. Different cars. Different sceneries. Different things.

(Okay I'm done with the scenic paragraphs. I'll alert you when I write more :>)

I leaned back in the seat, seatbelt buckled and eyes closed. I could feel a smile creeping back onto my face.

      "Making our ways downtown!" Funneh exclaimed, giggling afterwards. I couldn't help but laugh at the random exclamation of hers.

    "That's not even the song playing," Aly chuckled, "but nice choice in music." "The theme song to Yuri!!! On Ice is better," I heard Kyran mumble.

"Kyran, you always prefer anime songs over regular songs," I clarified. "You're not wrong," Alec agreed with me.

"Anime songs are great," Kyran defended. "All songs are great," Aly explained. "I agree with Aly," Funneh piped up.

    Aly started to hum with the rhythm of the song playing from the radio. I had heard it before. I thought all of us had. I loved Bea Miller's songs.

"But in dark times when we close our eyes, it's a nightmare...." Aly sang along with the song, smiling. "When the sun don't shine, we lose our minds..." Funneh continued.

"But I swear...." I sang along. "We can get there..." Kyran rejoiced with us. "We've got young blood, can't destroy us! We make our own luck in this world!" We all cheered.

We sang off-key to the song, all of us. We rejoiced in the song despite the fact that none of us could really sing. But it was fun.

     "I love this song," Aly said. "Same," I agreed. "I—" Alec and Funneh cut Kyran off. "Kyran, I swear if you say your anime's song is better—"