09.) and a little bit of trouble

• F U N N E H •

Maybe I shouldn't have gone back this summer.

    I turned around and hurried inside, then shut the door closed behind me. The rain actually was starting to pour down harder than what it was just a few minutes ago. Not too long ago, it was a small drizzle. Now it was starting to look like a minor storm.

     "Who called?" Gold asked, hopping off of the couch. The couch itself was a wreck with its cushions flung all over the floor and our own pillows sprawled across the ground. Our blankets were scattered as well.

"Kyran and Aly. Or rather, Aly was in the background of the call with Kyran." I looked through my call log, showing what time he called.

"Really? What'd he call for?" Gold asked, tossing her yellow pillow onto the chair where we would later clean it up.

"Well actually, it's bad news. Really bad news," I sputtered out with a sigh.

"Bad news? Seems like that's all we've been getting recently," Lunar spat out with her arms crossed, sarcasm tinting her voice.

     "She's got a point," Draco shrugged, agreeing with the comment Lunar had said. I frowned, because she really wasn't wrong.

     "Well, you remember Evelyn, right? I'm sure Gold told you about her." I started to ask before I sat down in a crisscross position on the floor.

    "Yeah. The smart detective girl, right? Gold sent us a photo of her too. But yeah, we remember. Why?" Rainbow clarified, sitting down on her legs across from me to start a small closed circle.

      Gold, Lunar, and Draco all sit down, forming a circle as if we were performing some sort of ritual to an all powerful entity. I started to explain what Kyran told me once they were all seated and ready to listen.

      "Kyran said Evelyn hadn't been responding to their calls so they visited her house to check up on her. Well, her house was ransacked and she was no where to be found. They found this one book that they said stuck out, and inside was numerous ways to kill someone," I explained.

     "Cool," Lunar whispered, intrigued by the book I described. Everyone turned to look at her with a questioning look.

    "What? It's cool to me. Maybe because I like creepy stuff though," Lunar pondered her explanation, biting her lip and furrowing her eyebrows.

    "That's not cool! That's creepy and disturbing. But why would Evelyn have a book like that? I mean, I get that you guys said she was a little crazy but she's a detective! One of the good guys, right? Why would she have a book with a bunch of different ways to kill someone?" Rainbow shuddered.

"I don't know, but I'm worried. Evelyn may have been a little crazy and scary, but she's still our friend. I don't want anything to happen to her," I tugged on a piece of my hair since I've never been a nail bitter.

"I get what you're saying," Lunar sighed, popping her neck and leaning forward so that her chin is resting in the palm of her hand.

"You..." Rainbow's voice trailed off, knowing that we all knew what I was getting at. What I meant in the words and thoughts of mine, what I thought might be best if I or we did.

"....I want to go back to America," I said, "and see what's going on. Maybe I could help. I can't just stay here and let them try and find Evelyn. She's my friend too."

"So do I, but how are we gonna get back? All flights have been cancelled due to the rain," Gold pointed out.

"What? Cancelled? A little rain never hurt anybody!" I exclaimed, puzzled to why they would cancel flights over a small storm.