08.) a little bit of joy

• F U N N E H •

     I jumped over the couch and landed on the springy cushion, bouncing until I steadily found a comfortable position.

I leaned my body against the corner of the couch and curled up my legs, my black socks folding at every movement I made.

I called Ender over and he lazily stood up, shook his body, and trotted over towards me. I patted the open spot right in front of me, inviting him to sit next to me.

He took up my offer and climbed up, his tail wagging. He laid down in a comfortable position, then rested his head against my elbow.

Rainbow and Gold walked up to the couch, holding our food and snacks which consisted of popcorn, chocolate, chips, candy, and cookies that they had baked while Draco set up the movie player.

I had finished cleaning up the Silly String and already claimed my spot.

They set down the tray of food and sat on the opposite side of me, Rainbow's sock-covered feet resting on the table while Gold sat crisscross in her bear onesie.

     Lunar set down another set of tray of pop drinks, all colored to specify which drinks were ours. Blue (Big Blue) for me, yellow (Big Pineapple) for Gold, pink (Cream Crush) for Rainbow, purple (Grape) for Lunar, and red (Big Red) for Draco.

      I grabbed a bag of chips and my pop, then sat back in my position. Draco stood up and tossed the remote towards us, letting Gold catch it.

     "What movie shall we watch?" He asked, gesturing an overly exaggerating showing of the shelves of DVDs.

     "Coraline!" Lunar shouted, a shimmer in her eyes at the excitement of her favorite but terrifying movie.

    "Lunar, if we watch that, I'll get nightmares! I can't  watch scary stuff like that like you," Rainbow whined.

    Lunar laughed and I considered all of the possible movies we could watch. Scanning through the list, I couldn't decide.

"What about Shrek?" Gold laughed.

"Ooh, I got it! Lunar, you'll love this," I said, finally thinking of a movie. Curious, everyone turned to look at me.

"What if we watch a Studio Ghibli movie? Like Spirited Away or My Neighbor, Totoro!" I announced.

"Can we watch Howl's Moving Castle? I love that one!" Rainbow smiled widely as she agrees with my suggestion.

Everyone else gives a look of approval and Draco searched for the disc, then popped it into the DVD player.

He turned off the lights and closed the last blinds that shed any drop of sunlight into the room. The movie started to play as he hurried and took his spot on the couch.

ONE HOUR LATER....

      The movie ended not too long ago so we decided to try some karaoke. First off was Rainbow, who sang to 'A Belle To Remember' and 'Why' when we started.

     I mean, we can't really sing. Some of us can, but like me, some of us can't. It's fun anyway, despite the lack of singing talent.

     We made a rule that each person had to sing two songs per turn. Next up was Gold, who sang to 'Fire And Gold' and 'Wolves' with pride.

    I was next, since we were going in order from oldest to youngest. I ended up singing to 'Heroes' and 'Butterflies' which were some of my favorite songs.