25.) hall of memories

•» "People change and forget to tell each other,"
-Lillian Hellman «•

-/•\-

F U N N E H •

    "You guys going to stay up later? Or are you gonna hit the sack?" I inquired, yawning as I approached the campfire.

    "Yeah, I think we're gonna stay up later. Not tired yet, y'know?" Kyran shrugged.

    "Okay, well, I'm super-duper tired. So, I'll see you guys tomorrow. G'night," I smiled and yawned again, walking over to the campsite.

    I crawled into one of the larger tents, suited for three people since we couldn't find enough stuff to set up tents for each individual person.

    I sat down and messed with the little handle on the lantern, hooking and unhooking it from its little clasp. I was waiting for Rainbow and Gold to get back from America.

    They had used the pearl to go back and grab some actual camping supplies. But I didn't know how much longer I could stand staying awake. I might've just plummeted my head into the ground from exhaustion right then and there if a noise hadn't grabbed my attention.

    I looked up and it was just Draco, who poked his head through the little makeshift flaps of the tent. "Gold and Rainbow just got back. Here's a sleeping bag. The others told me you were gonna sleep," he said, "catch 'em!" He tossed in a bundle of blankets after throwing in the sleeping bag.

I shrieked as the bundle of blankets aimed straight for my face and I blocked them using my forearms as I tumbled backwards. Draco laughed and I rolled my eyes.

"Catch them," I mocked in a high pitched voice, rolling my eyes as I threw the rolls of blankets back at him.

He screamed and deflected it, yelling, "BLOCKED!" and laughed with me.

I grabbed the blankets and started to unravel the large and thick roll of blankets, spreading them out to leave one for me.

    "Geez, Draco. Why's there so many blankets? I could make an entire outfit with this many," I paused, comedically squinting at all of the blankets to imply I was thinking, "that is, if I could sew."

    "This is Canada, Funneh. It literally gets to negative-two degrees Celsius in the middle of summer at times," Draco deadpanned.

    "True, true. You've got a point," I snapped my fingers in agreement before starting to wrap the blankets around my body, "now, if you'll excuse me, I'll be making a blueberry burrito."

    "I'lll tell the others. I think they were gonna go to bed too. Anyway, goodnight, sleep tight, and may toast bless your night," Draco joked, pulling his head out of the tent before pausing and then looking back in to say, "actually, for not saving me in that video game like weeks ago when you first came back, you can freeze."

"Step on a lego!" I stuck out my tongue before we both laughed in unison.

   "Ouch," Draco gasped, "that's the worst kind of punishment!"

    "Actually, I wouldn't wish that upon my worst enemies," I paused, remembering Felicia and Brittany, "scratch that, yes I would." He laughed.

"Okay but for real, g'night. I think the others are gonna sleep too soon," Draco said, before disappearing behind the tent's flaps.

    I blew out the lantern's light and laid down, closing my eyes as I kept myself wrapped in the blankets in the sleeping bag.

I was sure my parents would be okay. It wasn't like anything super bad had happened to them, right? Maybe the Krew was right, nothing bad happened to my parents. They were okay and fine, just having some trouble around here.