30.) old friends

•» "тrυтн ιѕ, yoυ're gonna нear ѕoмe вad тнιngѕ aвoυт мe. and ѕoмe oғ тнeм мιgнт вe тrυe. вυт тrυѕт мe, everyтнιng ι've worĸed ғor, ιт'ѕ all ғor тнιѕ ғaмιly,"
-ѕтanley pιneѕ «

•∞•

FIFTEEN MINUTES LATER....

• F U N N E H •

"Funneh, are you sure that we're supposed to go there?" Draco inquired, studying the map once again.

"It forms an arrow! How much more of a clue do you need?" I defended, taking down the tent and folding it.

"It's just, are you sure? Because I really don't wanna go back there. Plus, how can you be so sure that it's talking about there?" he debated.

"Because where else could it be? It's the exact direction pointing towards it," I pointed out.

"Okay, but why go through all this trouble? And why not take me first if that's really the case?" Draco questioned, rolling up the map and tucking it into the bag.

"I don't know. Maybe it was an opportunity and they took it, even if it wasn't intended. As for you, they haven't gotten a chance to," I reasoned.

"I really don't wanna go back there," Draco groaned, shuddering, "no offense, but I was hoping to at least see my seventeenth birthday, thanks."

"So does everyone," I remark, "let's be honest, we've all made it farther than we expected we would."

"Okay, ye of little faith, let's get the others. The quicker we get there, the faster we can hopefully find the others and get this over with." He pointed his index finger straight at me. "If I die, I want my gravestone to say, 'I told you so', right on it."

"You're worse than Gold," I complained, shaking my head and packing the tent into the bag, "you're not going to die."

"Or even better, I want it to say, 'let's go, she said. It would be fun, she said'. That has a nice ring to it too. I'm not picky," he added, shrugging.

"Really? You're not picky?" I mocked, scoffing jokingly, "your favorite food depends on the season. And let me add, ketchup is not a food. It's a condiment."

"It's a food if you really want it to be," he defended before gasping, "le gasp! That's what I'll put on my gravestone! I can see it now, 'I can assure you that's ketchup, not blood. But I wouldn't test it if I were you'. It's perfect. Slightly morbid, but Lunar has taught me well. The pupil has become the master."

"Hey, dudes. What're you doing?" Evan inquired, walking up to us and waving casually.

"Well, he's planning his death and if he dies, I can guarantee it was me. But anyway, we're packing for the trip. Are you guys ready?" I explained nonchalantly.

Evan and I stifled a laugh as Draco yelled in the distance, "I HEAR Y'ALL LAUGHING! IT'S ALL FUN AND GAMES UNTIL MY GHOST HAUNTS YOU!"

    "Where's an exorcist when you need one?" I chuckled, "but anyway, ignoring the psychopath that is Draco, you guys ready?"