Chapter 40

Zane's POV

Why won't this guy just come out!?

This is getting super annoying.

"Fine fine. Have it your way." The voice sighed as someone began to emerge from the shadows.

My eyes widened, but then collapsed into a glare as I realized who the voice belonged to.

It was none other than Aaron.

"What do you want." I questioned coldly.

"Geez. No warm welcome? Oh come on. You can't seriously still be mad about-" I cut him off.

"I said what do you want."

"Fine. If you're so eager to get down to business, then we'll get down to business." He stated while stepping closer to me.

What's with this guy!?

Does he not give up?

I'm never letting him getting to my Aphmau again.

"Ya know, I've never liked you." He stated while reaching for something in his pocket.

What could he be doing?

"Get out of my house before I call the cops." I threatened.

He pulled out a gun and cocked it.

"A-Aaron- What the heck are you doing..." I asked nervously while backing up.

"I wouldn't recommend moving right now. You might get hurt," He threatened while aiming the gun at me.

.........

Is this really happening..?

Is this how I die?

WHAT THE HECK IS EVEN GOING ON RIGHT NOW!!??!?

"Don't worry about your precious Aphmau. I will be sure to comfort her one the news of your passing arrives. She'll be mine." He chuckled while placing a finger on the trigger.

No...

I can't let that happen.

I need to stay alive.

For Aphmau.

I closed my eyes and tensed every muscle in my body.

I will find a way to live through this to see my Aphmau smile again.

"Goodbye Zane." Aaron said while pulling the trigger.

*BOOM*

I stood there.

Waiting.

Waiting for an impact.

But it never came.

"What the-" Aaron's voice questioned furiously.

I opened one eye to see a terrified Aaron stating a few feet away from me while holding his gun.

I opened my other eye and looked down, only to find Aphmau laying there.

"APH!" I yelled with my voice full of concern.

I almost instantly sat down and cradled her in my arms.

It looks like she was shot in her left arm.

Tears began to swell in my eyes as I glared up at the monster who did this.

"You'll pay for this..." I mumbled dangerously as I stood to my feet and pulled my mask off.

I rolled up my sleeves and removed the hair from my eye.

He started laughing.

"What are you gonna do? Fight me!? Do you not see the gun i'm clearly holding?" He laughed.

I cracked my neck and continued to walk towards him.

"Does it look like i'm joking around?" I asked coldly while starting him straight in the eyes.

I outstretched my hands to crack them.

He's about to go down.

I don't care if i'm at a disadvantage here.

He cocked his gun again.

"You've got a death wish coming up to me right now." He chuckled dryly while aiming the gun again.

Right as he pulled the trigger, I jumped to my right.

"I could say the same for you."

"How the-" I cut him off by slapping the gun out of his hand.

I quickly grabbed his right arm and twisted it back as far as I could.

I then quickly grabbed his other arm and crossed it over his right one.

As if it was instinctal, I kicked my leg under his, causing him to lose his balance.

Not even a second later, I forcefully extended my arm under his stomach and used my arm as a lever to flip him over.

After successfully doing this, I pulled him up by his hair and repetitively punched him in the face.

How the heck did I just do that...

I looked down at him with wide eyes.

His eyes matched mine.

Scratch that-

They are wider than mine.

Heh.

Seems he's just as surprised as I am.

"Everybody freeze!" A stern voice yelled as multiple people dressed in police uniforms walked into the room aim guns at us.

A smile spread across my face.

Thank you Aphmau..

Ayeee! Hope you enjoyed this very intense and long chapter. I really hope I get done tonight. I think I might. See you guys soon with the next chapter!

That's all I've got for now.

Jayden~~~~~

Word count: 744 <3