XXV : Solo

+

She can't wrap her mind around what's about to happen nor can she even wrap her hands around the gun resting on the holster hidden behind her.

Yes, it was a delight to finally have a solo mission, a milestone for her even. But it's not as delightful when she also has to kill what she would consider the greatest friend she's had.

Even if Clifford betrayed her, she wouldn't do such a thing to him. Crimson even planned to visit him when things are finally settled but not like this.

"Our Eunmi is growing already," coming towards her was Hoseok, about to encase her in a hug, "Congratulations!!" he practically gushed.

She looked up at him, confused as to how he would know it already and it seemed as if the elder read her mind too easily.

"What can I say? The Scouts are great in chatters as well. Gossip flies faster than bullets," he exclaimed, as if it was something to be proud of, "And there's also that gun behind your back. No one else has plans today so I also speculated that you would be leaving for a kill."

She awkwardly nodded, not knowing if she should feel thankful or more annoyed of him reminding her of what she's about to do.

"There's our Eunmi!" this time, it was Namjoon and the scene is starting to turn out like that of a kid being sent to school by her parents that will awfully miss her.

Just like, Hoseok, he hugged her again but he let it last longer. With multiple encouraging taps on her back, Namjoon finally pulled away. The moment he did though, the girl caught the black orbs of the man she spent a blissful moment just days ago.