LII: The Secret

(A/N: The following italicized texts indicate flashback events

(A/N: The following italicized texts indicate flashback events. Please keep in mind that the timeline of these events happened in between chapters 47-50. Enjoy! And I hope that this would lessen the confusion.)

+

Hoseok sat down in front of Mijin, still puzzled and stunned at her arrival and the fact that he was only a few steps away from her did not help to calm him down. He understood what she said though, thankfully. And Mijin was glad that the quick-witted Hoseok made it possible for her to explain the plan only once.

"You want me to learn not only Japanese but on how to be Ryu?" it was more of a statement than a question.

"Yes. And you start today," Mijin threw him a 'Japanese for Dummies' book where a flash drive bookmarked a random page. Hoseok could only assume that it was filled with more mind-challenging things that he would need to either memorize or at least understand, "That flash drive contains several videos and interviews of Kaneko Ryu. Basically, you would also need to study it in order to know how he walks, talks or what his preferences are."

Hoseok sighed, not believing the situation that he was in, "Your height is exactly the same as his along with your body shape and build. Seriously, the two of you could pass as twins if your faces were a little more identical."

He smiled at that, accepting her mere fact as a compliment, "Is that why I have to wear a mask?"

Mijin was scrolling through the laptop that rested on the table before answering, "Yes. Clifford gave you guys this advanced 3D printer that he had been working on. If you were able to somehow get the most accurate scan of his face, the printer would produce an exact replica and texture of it."

"You have to remember though that keeping this mission a secret is more important than accomplishing it. Of course, Crimson would be happy if the results were ideal but as much as possible, never tell Yoongi."

She looked at Hoseok only to see that he was just staring at her intently. Her first reaction was to look away but the several seconds of silence made her curious as to whether his eyes were still on her face.

And her doubts were confirmed when she saw him not only staring but furrowing his brows in concentration as well, "Mijin."

She averted her gaze, focused back on the laptop screen and began typing whatever, "Hoseok, focus on your work."

"I'm sorry," Hoseok spoke but she knew all too well that his words held much more meaning, "I'm really sorry," there it was.