XXXIV : Alive

A/N : The following text/s in italics will be a flashback so please do not be confused :)

+

"Shut up! I don't want to hear another fucking word come out of your mouth. Is this what you've learned from the Rangers, huh?"

He looked taken aback but at the same time, he also expected her to know about it already regarding their last conversation, "You only know half of the story," he mumbled, loud enough for her to hear.

He stood there, defeated and ready to meet his demise.

"I don't have to know everything to tell that you are just one of those liars."

With that last sentence, she pulled the trigger.

Clifford stood there, frozen. His eyes were screwed shut as he awaited the pain to spread through his body. He was waiting for the feeling of the blood that will ooze out of him.

But nothing came. 

The next thing he heard as he slowly cracked his eyes open were the sobs of the woman in front of him. 

Crimson had her arm up towards her right, with her gun pointing to the pillow lying on the couch near her. Her shoulders shook as her tear-stricken face came into Clifford's view. He was beyond confused and scared but despite all that, he walked over to his friend and immediately encased her in a hug.