Bonus Chapter: Jung Hoseok's Origin

His smile :')

+

Agonizing, his days turned, when Hoseok finally let a single thought sink in. This single thought was, at first and maybe until now, difficult to fathom. It was a thought that he never imagined himself to encounter.

His sister had left him. And the thought he had in his head was that he would never find her.

Born in a family with demanding parents, wishing for their kin to be as strong or even stronger Scouts than they are. The type of parents that writes the future of their children.

He really did miss her presence and the loss of it was becoming more apparent. When he started to yearn for her nagging, boisterous laughs and caring embraces, Hoseok felt her absence even more.

Amidst all the suffocating expectations, drowning him up to his neck, his sister was there to help him up. His life saver within the sea of scrutinizing stares.

Even if she carried the same burden of them wanting her to be a Scout, she made it seem like it was all nothing in front of her little brother. She was an amazing superwoman in his eyes. The sole person that taught him that being afraid also means being smart.

Hoseok was a scaredy cat. Unlike his sister who ran away before the clutches of her parents could latch on tightly, Hoseok did not have the guts to do the same.

So there he was. Young and cowering but somehow he passed the entrance exam. Everything in front of him predestined. Never once did he contribute to his own fate. It was all the choice of his parents.

Pathetically, he cannot find it in himself to hate them. After all, if he was this much of a coward and was left alone to deal with his problems, the boy would not survive.