XLI : Meow Meow

+

+

"No, no, no. That 'C' could have been that Clifford guy and maybe he's pranking me?" Yoongi mumbled to himself. He had been contemplating for more than hour about who the mystery sender was. Yoongi had been trying to find out the identity of the person but honestly, it was more as if he was denying the sender's identity.

He saw her back. He knew how she looked like even if her body was covered with a thick coat. He knew the way she carries herself and strides like she owns the place. He knew what that shiny thing on her wrist was. He knew it himself.

He saw her. 

Yoongi had his hand placed above his mouth as his thumb supported his chin while the fingers of his other hand drummed against the marble counter of his shared house with Jihee. His eyes never once left the newly opened letter.

Yes, it had been days since the letter was sent but Yoongi could not find the courage to open it until that morning. He had been staring at the envelope before going to bed and as soon as he woke up. He did not want to say it out loud himself but the foreboding sense that the object gave him has made him feel unable to accept the possible truth behind. The possible truth that she was back in his life. That she was back when she was supposed to be dead and to not come back at all.

"No. Dead people don't do that," he was arguing with himself. His feelings a mixture of fear, doubt, regret, a little bit of thrill and somehow...mad. He was like a jigsaw puzzle or a labyrinth that he, himself, could not figure out.

A warm hand was placed on his shoulder and they immediately lost their tension due to the warm touch, "Honey, what's that?"

Yoongi thought that it would be better to hide it from Jihee so he immediately whipped out the letter and stuffed it back inside the envelope, "Nothing. It was just...from an old friend."