Act 1, Scene 5

1 Year, 2 Months Ago

It's late. It's late, and they're tired, and it's the time of night where the words that come out are a bit too intimate, spoken a bit too softly, not meant to be discussed in the light of day.

Which is why it's easy for Krist to roll over on the bed and ask: "How did you know?"

Singto looks at him. "Know what?"

Krist can't keep his eyes on the elder's face. They drift to the pillow above his head, both of them laying horizontal on top of the covers, the pillows rendered useless since they're flat on their sides. His gaze remains on the pillow. "How did you know," he begins, "that you liked both?"

He hears the elder release a quick breath, a small gasp. Then, there's the sound of sheets rustling, and Krist has to look at Singto.

The other isn't looking back at him, in fact, he's rolled over.

"There wasn't a specific time," Singto answers. "My parents never pushed me about anything. They never said I had to be with someone. So I guess it just happened naturally."

"Do they know?" Krist asks.

"I don't know," Singto replies after a pause. "Once when I was in high school, I was with a guy, and when I came back home, my dad didn't say anything, but later, my mom asked me if I got a new cologne." Krist hears the elder let out a breath. "I said no." He rolls over so he's flat on his back, and Krist studies his profile.

It's nice. Krist has to admit. His senior is handsome.

"I don't think my dad would mind a lot if I told him," Singto says. "I think he would mind a little. Maybe blame the show." He turns his head to look at Krist. "Blame you." He looks back at the ceiling. "But I don't know. Maybe he wouldn't say anything at all. He already has grandkids. I'm only needed to carry on the family name."

Krist hums.

They lay next to each other, silent in the dark. The moonlight illuminates Singto's skin, making it have a silver glow.

Slowly, steadily, carefully, cautiously, Krist moves his hand to rest next to the elder's. Their pinkies are touching.

Slowly, steadily, carefully, cautiously, Krist moves his hand to rest atop the elder's. Their fingers become intertwined.

Like that night six months ago, the first night they fell asleep in the same bed together, Krist wakes up before the world.

Unlike that night six months ago, he chooses to go back to sleep.

When he wakes up again, Singto is the first thing he sees.