Act 1, Scene 8

7 Months Ago

They're kissing, and Singto's lips are warm, and they feel so nice against Krist's, and Krist never wants this to end.

Eventually, it does end, though, with a loud smack of their lips, then wide eyes, before hushed laughter rings throughout the room.

"Shh," Singto hushes when Krist can't seem to rein in his laughter, but a smile tugs at the elder's lips as he does so.

"Sorry," Krist whispers before planting another warm kiss on Singto's lips. "Sorry," he repeats after pulling away.

"It's fine," Singto says in the space between their lips (only a couple centimeters, rarely anything less when they're alone together). Krist bumps their noses together affectionately. Singto's eyes turn squinty with the smile that blooms across his face from the action.

Finally, after a solid thirty seconds of just staring and smiling at each other, Krist falls back to lie on the bed. "I'm so tired," he complains. "There's so much stuff to do."

"I recall something about getting 'used to it'," Singto teases.

Krist sends him a dry look when he realizes the elder was repeating his own words from earlier that day, when it had been him who complained about work.

Singto moves to lay next to him. Krist rolls onto his side.

"It's almost over," Krist says, more to himself, as he takes in the other's warm expression.

Singto closes his eyes, and Krist feels the taller man's fingers brush over his hand. Krist takes it easily.

"I can't believe it's almost over," he murmurs.

"Two months left," Singto replies, eyes opening. "Only two months before it's over."

"Over?" Krist's brows furrow, unsure they're talking about the same thing.

"The show," Singto clarifies. "This filming. All of it. Just... over."

Krist goes back to laying flat. "Two months seems like such a long time."

"You know it's not, though," Singto says.

Krist tightens his grip on the elder's hand. "It really isn't." He looks over at Singto. "We'll still... P'," he swallows, "we'll still talk, right?"

"Why are you even worried about that?" Singto asks. He closes his eyes once more as a smile tugs at his lips. "We will."

They fall asleep then, lulled into dreamland by the sound of their own breathing, but even in his dreams, Krist can feel the beating of his heart, the worry about the future, the uncertainty that when their paid time together is over, they will be, too.