Act 1, Scene 15

5 Days Ago

"You said you're okay, I know, but really, Krist," Singto stirs his straw around in his drink, "you're sure you're fine?"

Krist nods, doesn't let himself release a breath. "There's just been a lot going on."

Singto gives a sympathetic smile and takes his hand, rubbing his thumb over the back of the younger's hand, smoothing over the veins there. "I'm sorry," he tells him. "Will you be spending the night?"

Krist swallows, closes his eyes, focuses on nothing but the point where Singto's skin meets his. "Yes," he answers.

He doesn't need to be looking to know Singto's smiling at him. He can't even bring himself to smile back.

So much for being a good actor.

His phone vibrates in his pocket. Krist is quick to retract his hand. He tells the elder he has to use the restroom. There, he checks his phone.

p'yui told me what happened, the text reads, i'm sorry :( wish i could do something.

Krist lets out a breath. No point, he replies, nothing would change.

Hana doesn't say anything after that.

When he comes back out, Singto is scrolling through something on his phone. Krist's suspicions are confirmed when the elder glances up at him and asks, "who's this?" as he shows him a picture of Hana and him.

Krist shrugs. "Hana. Someone I was introduced to recently. She's cool."

"Really?" Singto asks, lips pressing into a straight line, and it's then that Krist realizes that the elder doesn't bring up the interviews, the questions, the prying eyes because he's not the jealous type—he doesn't bring them up because he is the jealous type. A discovery like this would usually make Krist's stomach flutter, make his cheeks flush, his words become jumbled, but now, knowing he only has a few more days to enjoy this trait of the elder, he feels sick.

"Did you notice anything off with our drinks?" Krist asks him. "I think I might be coming down with something. Can we go back to your place soon?"

Singto looks across the table at him, brows furrowed, expression appearing alarmed. "Of course," he answers. "You should've said something sooner."

"No," Krist shakes his head, "I'm okay. It just hit me all of a sudden."

SIngto studies him for a second before humming and nodding. "We can go home then."

Krist smiles at him, and Singto smiles back.

Just a little longer, Krist prays. Let things stay like this for just a little bit longer.