Act 1, Scene 7

10 Months Ago

He wakes up warm, face nestled in soft fabric that—ah, it's Singto. He wants to move closer, close his eyes, go back to sleep, but they've got things to do. There's a fanmeet for the first half of the day, an interview for the second, finishing up with a photoshoot for the same magazine. Krist really wants to go back to sleep.

But he can't. So instead, he shakes his senior awake, climbs out of bed, and heads straight to the shower. Sort of. Singto grabs his hand before he can go anywhere.

"Your reflexes are fast for so early in the morning," Krist comments, looking at the elder. His words are flat, but his lips are quick to curl upwards.

"It's cold," Singto says, tightening his grip on Krist's hand.

"Get up, then," Krist tells him. "We've got a full day ahead, anyways."

Singto lets out a groan. "Don't remind me. I thought I'd be more used to this, but," he sighs, "not yet."

"Will we ever?" Krist asks, rubbing his thumb across the back of Singto's hand. "Do you want to shower first, then?"

Singto stares at their intertwined fingers before shaking his head. "It's alright. What's the plan for breakfast?"

"In the chat, I think it said we need to be downstairs by seven-thirty."

"What time is it now?"

Krist glances outside before shrugging.

Singto stretches out more to grab his phone off the bedside table. "Too early," he says. He released Krist's hand. "You can shower. I'll get you some clothes."

"It's too bad it'd look weird if I kept my suitcase in your room," Krist comments.

The elder freezes, and it's only then that Krist realizes what he said.

"That was phrased weird," Krist says. "I don't—I don't know what I meant by that." He swallows as Singto studies him. "Sorry."

After a long moment of silence, Singto finally shakes his head. "Don't worry about it. I get what you mean." (He doesn't. Krist knows he doesn't.) "I'll get you some clothes."

It takes Krist too long to reply with a quiet thanks.

Singto merely nods.

When Krist gets out of the shower, there's a stack of neatly folded clothes sitting on the toilet.

"Your turn," says Krist as he steps out of the bathroom.

Singto looks up at him from his spot on the bed before standing. He smiles then, something soft and saccharine.

Krist's heart stops, then Singto moves, and so does his heart, the rapid-fire beating startling him and making him all the more aware of the magnitude of their situation. Is there really a way for them to continue as they are? As they want to be? Krist doesn't have an answer.