Act 2, Scene 10

Krist ends up staying the night at Hana's, passing out across the head of the bed, while Violet and Hana curl up together at the foot. When he wakes, it's to sunlight slashing across his face, making the room glow golden. Hana and Violet had started painting each other's toes, and Hana had surrendered her snacks to Krist, who grew hungry after another half-hour of deep talks and confessions. The snacks are littered around the room, and the little electric fans the girls were using on their toes are still on the bed, one of them still moving every time it shifts. Krist shakes his head with a fond smile.

Searching for his phone (now at twenty-eight percent, he notes, somewhat panicked), he checks the time, then checks his texts. Nothing.

He's glad.

He leans back and closes his eyes. He's not sure for how much longer he sleeps, but the next time he wakes, it's because long strands of hair are tickling his skin, making his nose twitch and lips curl upwards. When he comes to, he sees Violet leaning over him, her eyes like warm tea in the morning light. "Hey," she whispers when his eyes open, "Hana and I are getting something for breakfast. Want anything?"

Krist blinks and starts to sit up, making the woman lean back. He looks around before rubbing at his eyes and shaking his head. "No, I—I woke up earlier. I think I'm just going to head home."

Violet smiles at him before nodding. "All right." She gets off the bed before looking back at him. "Are you sure? We wouldn't mind getting you something."

Krist waves a hand, also standing and pocketing his phone, which had still been in his hand from the first time he woke up. "Really, it's fine. Thanks, though."

Violet's lips tug upwards at the corners before she's disappearing into the bathroom where Krist can only assume hides Hana. When there's a shriek then laughs, Krist has his answer. He looks around to see if he brought anything else with him other than his wallet and phone. When he sees nothing, he checks his pockets one last time, everything's there, then goes to knock on the bathroom door.

It creaks open to reveal a dark eye. "Yes?" Hana asks, voice pitchy.

Krist smiles. "I'm going to head out. Thanks for last night, really."

Hana opens the door a bit further to flash a smile back at him. "It's not a problem. I—," she hesitates and starts to close the door, making Krist step back, before it opens further once again, "I can end this deal, by the way. I have more than enough money, now, and Violet's got a well-paying job, and I've been looking around. It wouldn't be that bad if you don't want to do this anymore."

Krist bites his lower lip, thinking it over, before denying her offer. "If you want to, you can, but I don't think Yui would be happy with that."

Hana's eyes widen before she's nodding, some of her hair falling in her face with the motion. "You're right. And that's kind of fast, isn't it? We just figured some things out, like, what... six hours ago? You're totally right."

"Ti rak," Violet speaks up from somewhere behind the door, "you're thinking it over too much. Krist, go at your own pace, but if you're ever ready to stop," she tugs the door open more to look at the man, "please feel free to call and let us know." She smiles. "We're on your side, Krist."

Krist smiles back. "I know. Don't worry. As soon as I'm ready, I'll tell you."

The trio shares one last smile before Hana closes the door, and Krist leaves the apartment to the sound of laughter and love.