Act 2, Scene 3

When Krist had told Yui, the woman looked pleased with him, at the least.

"It's better this way," she had said to him after he admitted to her what he'd done. "Some things are just necessary."

Krist had smiled, but he hadn't believed a word she said.

"And," Yui continues, now a few days later, debriefing the younger on the upcoming week, "I've managed to have your schedules be fairly incompatible, so there's no worry about seeing him sooner than you should!"

The man wonders how she can sound so cheery saying that.

"Great," is what he says instead, "that's great, P'Yui."

It's clear Yui doesn't believe a word he says.

That's fine, Krist thinks. It's good to know this relationship is no longer based off of mutual trust.

His phone begins to vibrate in his pocket. When Yui looks at him, he pulls it out. "Hana," he says at her questioning gaze. He answers the call.

Hana doesn't say anything. She doesn't need to. Krist already knows what she wants to ask.

"After lunch," he says. "I'll see you soon."

Hana ends the call. Yui is still watching him. Krist sends her another smile. "Date," he says.

He begins to wonder if Yui will ever believe him.

Eventually, it's lunchtime, and then that is over, and Krist is on his way to Hana's.

When he gets there, she's standing outside her room with his suitcase and backpack.

"I packed you for three days," is what she tells him, shoving the backpack into his arms. "You stayed for a week."

Krist gives her an apologetic smile.

"It's really a shame you bat for the other team," Hana says as she helps him right the backpack on his shoulders then grab the suitcase. "You're so cute when you smile, you could probably make any woman happy."

"And you?" Krist asks her.

Hana smiles. "When I said it's a shame, I meant for women other than me."

And then she takes a step back and shuts the door in Krist's face.

He blinks once, twice, and then pivots and begins to walk towards the elevator.

It's only as he's stepping inside that he realizes—

"I bat for the other team?" he asks aloud as the doors shut behind him. He turns around to demand answers, but it's already too late, and the elevator is on its descent to ground level.

Fuck. Krist lets go of his suitcase. I probably should get that part figured out.

-

a/n uploading again b/c tomorrow is the last day of school and why not!! (read: b/c i seek validation through votes and comments) also some of y'all's comments make me *eyes emoji* i love y'all lmao