Act 2, Scene 2

Krist is laying on the bed when Hana gets back. She's got a backpack and a suitcase with her.

"Here," she says, "I got some of your shit. Singto was gone."

"And his things?" Krist asks, hating how small his voice sounds.

Hana shrugs and lifts the suitcase onto the foot of the bed. "Hope you don't mind I went through your underwear drawer. I didn't see anything interesting, though." She sighs. "It's so sad when the only thing I can blackmail you with is something that could ruin your career. I don't want to be that bitch."

"Why are you suddenly cursing so much?" Krist asks, rolling over onto his stomach.

Hana looks at him, or more like, looks down on him, with the way her brows raise in an unimpressed manner. "I'm in my own home, also I feel like we should let down some barriers soon, especially since it seems I'm your new best friend."

Krist closes his eyes as she drapes his underwear over his head.

"Go shower or something," she tells him. "You need to get rid of the pain of the day."

Krist pulls the briefs off his head as he clambers off the bed. "Fine."

As he's making his way to her bathroom, she calls out to him. "Hey," she says, "really. Everything will be okay. Trust me."

"How can you say something like that with such confidence?" Krist asks, pausing to look back at the woman.

Hana smiles warmly at him. "Well," she responds, "my name is Hana, and if you knew anything about that name, you'd know it means happiness or hope depending on the language."

Krist stares at her blankly for a second before a smile begins to tug at the corners of his lips. Hana goes back to setting out his clothes. Krist stops before he goes into the bathroom. "Hana," he says, making the woman look at him. He sends her a real smile. "Thank you."

Hana blinks at him before nodding and turning back around. "That's what friends are for," he hears her repeat right as he's shutting the bathroom door.

When he gets out of the shower, he sees only his underwear and remembers the rest of his clothes are on Hana's bed. When he opens the bathroom door, he sees she's placed a t-shirt and basketball shorts in front of it. He stares down at them before holding tight to his towel with one hand and picking up his clothes with the other.

As soon as he's fully dressed, he leaves the bathroom once more.

Hana's on her phone.

"You know," she says when Krist steps fully into the room, "at least he's not sounding depressed on Instagram."

Krist blinks at her before shaking his head and going to find where her cups are.

"What are you looking for?" Hana asks, locking her phone and plugging it into her charger.

Krist doesn't turn around as he continues searching. "Cups."

"Cupboard closest to window," Hana responds, and Krist hears the bed springs creak as she, he assumes, gets off the bed. "Do you need anything else? Our dinner was kind of small."

Krist shrugs as he gets out a glass. He fills it with the water from the pot on her stove before turning to look back at her.

Hana stares back. Eventually, she shakes her head and turns around. "I don't want to give up my bed," she says before walking away, "but if you want to sleep there, I have a sleeping bag in my closet I can sleep on." She disappears into the bathroom.

Krist stares at the doorway long after she has shut the door.