Act 2, Scene 17

He definitely does try harder. Before he knows it, he's back in the same position that he was the first time he lined everything up and got Singto back within his grasp. This time, however, things will hopefully end up the way he wants.

In front of him, his senior stands, looking uncertainly at him, as if questioning his motives. Krist lets out a breath. "I'm sorry," he says.

Singto opens his mouth, expression changing from hesitant to unamused. Krist slaps a palm over his mouth before the other can even get out a word.

"No, let me finish because I've said that so many times to you without anything else, and that sucks," he orders. He drops his hand, and Singto keeps his mouth shut. Krist leans back. If everything really is meant to go fine, he's not running on limited time, so he figures he should start from the beginning. "When we," he feels his cheeks heat but makes sure to keep the elder's gaze on him, "first got together, all I knew was that I really liked you and that I was comfortable with you." He bites his lip before continuing: "I didn't know who I was, or who I wanted to be, or what I was doing. I just knew that things felt okay, even if I also knew they weren't really okay, and that I wanted to keep being with you."

He looks down for a second to gather his thoughts before bringing his eyes back up to Singto's. "I kind of ignored every worry within me and really just focused on how I felt around you. And I know now that I," Krist's fingers curl into his palms, the cool, untelling gaze of the elder making him feel awkward, "messed up when I did that. When P'Yui introduced me to Hana," he swallows, "I thought it was just to increase my popularity, and Hana thought it was a pity-thing, she just needed money, but it turns out P'Yui knew... about us." He sucks in a breath as Singto merely nods. "She told me to break up with you maybe about... three weeks? Three weeks before I actually did." Krist pauses to make sure the elder is still looking at him. He is. Krist continues: "She gave me two weeks." He sees Singto's lips move as he does the math. "I couldn't," Krist admits. "I failed."

He wipes at his eyes, despite no tears being there. "She gave me another week." He lets out a soft, bitter laugh. "We never got to go on that Saturday date, did we?"

Singto's mouth is pressed into a line.

Krist blinks a few times before shaking his head. "I was scared," he says. "She said she'd break us up if I couldn't. She told me it was for the better. I believed her." He shakes his head again. "I was easily manipulated, gullible. I believed what anyone told me." He looks directly at Singto. "I'm not like that anymore."

"I see," Singto says, voice quiet.

"I didn't want to...." Krist searches for words. "I wasn't going to go into this again without at least having some clue as to who I am. Or without accepting who I am. All that time I spent with you, and I felt good, yet something always held me back." He smiles ruefully. "Not anymore. I've learnt a lot, and if you gave—"

Singto begins to take a step back, and Krist makes a frantic grab for his arm.

"If you gave me a chance," he says, louder, "you could see that, too."

HIs hand moves down Singto's forearm, down past his wrist, all the way so their palms are pressed together before lacing their fingers together.

"Please," he tries. "I'm not perfect, but I messed up, and I want to fix it."

Singto drops his hand. Krist waits for the inevitable rejection.

"You know," Singto begins, and Krist keeps his eyes on the ground, so he can only see the way Singto pivots to face him, "that we both work in showbusiness, right?"

Krist swallows before looking back up at the elder. "What?"

Singto moves closer to the younger. "For someone who apparently has it all figured out, you're still pretty foolish."

Krist blinks slowly, unsure of what's going on. "What?" he repeats. His breath catches when Singto takes the younger's hands in his.

"I can act, too, you know," he says. And then familiar lips are on his.

Krist doesn't waste any time in the way he tightens his grip on the elder's hands and attempts to move closer. Singto's lips still carry the same addictive taste, and as they move against his, Krist can help but think that they feel a bit like home. The kiss is nice, and it's really great to feel again after so long, but....

He pulls away. "So that's it?" he asks. "We can be together again?"

The light in Singto's eyes dims, and Krist swallows nervously. "Not... not exactly," the taller of the two admits. "I can give you a chance, and I do believe you, but Krist," he brings their foreheads together, and Krist's eyes slip closed for a brief second before opening once again, "I don't know what you want, and who's to say this won't happen again?"

Krist feels kind of hurt at that. "I'm to say it won't," he decides. "I've had enough of the manipulation, okay? Also," he can't help the smile that spreads on his lips, "I kind of have an awesome support team."

"What?" Singto asks.

The smile on Krist's face only grows. "I think," he says warmly, "we have a lot to catch up on."

-

a/n aaaaaand that's it folks!!! all that's left is the epilogue and this roller coaster is over :") i'll give a more detailed a/n then lol