Epilogue

They don't get back together right away. After the kiss, all physical contact turns strictly platonic. They discuss Krist's feelings, both about his sexuality and about Singto, how the breakup came to be, and how Hana's come to support him. They discuss Singto's feelings, what he did in the time without Krist, how much he actually kept up with the younger's life, if there's a possibility of them getting back together. There are set boundaries, also. Krist doesn't want to be overbearing, not now that he has the elder back within his reach, and he knows Singto might need time to see him as he is now, and time to get rid of the image of him before. They have a strong and clear 'just friends' policy, and Krist is perfectly fine with that right now, so long as Singto continues to allow him to see the other.

Hana comments on Krist's change in demeanor, the spring in his step. She seems pleased. Krist is pleased, too.

Singto meets Hana maybe a week and some after his makeup with Krist. "So you're Hana," is the first thing he says to the woman. He smiles, and Krist melts. "Thanks for looking out for him."

Hana smiles back, and Krist feels all right.

He meets Violet exactly a week later, and they seem to get along a bit too well. Hana is left sulking next to Krist as her girlfriend and Singto get completely absorbed in a conversation about... Krist doesn't even know, but, really, he's just glad the man seems to get on so well with these two people who have come to mean so much to him in his time away from the elder. He tells Hana as much, and the sulking mellows some after that.

But, despite their easy banter, the way they seem to mold back to each other, it's actually really hard, Krist knows, watching the way Singto seems to still tread carefully around him, always seeming to watch his words, his actions, making sure he doesn't get too close.

"You don't have to worry," Krist finally says one day when he had been sure the elder was going to kiss him. "If we go further, I'm not ending things. Not again."

Singto studies him for a second before closing his eyes and pressing their foreheads together, the same thing he had done when he kissed him for the first time in months. "I know," he admits. "I'm just... not right now. Okay?"

It's not okay, but Krist thinks it's kind of really awesome that Singto still gives him the time of day, so he just smiles (weakly, but it's a smile nonetheless) and agrees with a small okay.

It's after about two and a half months that their rebirthed friendship turns to romance.

Singto is waiting for him, right outside a restaurant they've found themselves frequenting. The sun makes his skin glow gold, his hair seem to carry starlight, and though he's just standing there, doing nothing particularly special, Krist can't help but think he looks beautiful, and before he can stop himself, he's running towards the elder, legs carrying him as fast as they can without tripping over each other.

As soon as he reaches the elder, he's got his arms around him, and Singto barely has any time to gather himself before Krist is smashing their mouths together, waiting be damned. It's sloppy, and he thinks his lower lip is bleeding, and the kiss is happening in a very public place, but he doesn't care. His hands come up to frame the other's face, and Singto must realize where they are—he's not an idiot—, yet he's not pulling away. So Krist kisses him harder.

They only separate when they're out breath, and even then, they remain as close to each other as possible.

"Are you sure?" Singto asks, looking determinedly into Krist's eyes.

Krist nods his head quickly, nearly knocking their foreheads together. "I am—I'm sorry—I really am—I thought I could be okay with waiting, and I was—but not anymore—I'm sorry."

Singto brings their lips together in a quick kiss again. He pulls away after barely a second. "No more apologies. I'm sick of apologies."

Krist smiles and drops his hands to the elder's shoulders. "No more apologies," he agrees.

"Okay," Singto says.

"Good," Krist replies.

They stand there for another while before Singto takes a step back to motion to the restaurant. "I am kind of hungry, though."

"Yeah," Krist says. "Me too."

Together, they walk into the restaurant.

They'll deal with the news later, the interviews, fansites, tabloids—all of it can be dealt with later.

For now, they're just Singto and Krist, no longer constrained to kisses in small, 4-by-7 rooms. For now, they're just Singto and Krist, lovers once again.