Act 1, Scene 13

8 Days Ago

"Really," Singto murmurs against Krist's cheek, "you've been spending a lot of time with me. Are you sure you're okay? Is there something you're not telling me?" He leans back to level the younger with a stern look. "It's not right to lie to your P', you know."

Krist smiles, but he knows it doesn't reach his eyes. "I know, P'. I'm okay. Is it wrong to want to spend time with you?" He attempts to stretch his smile wider, but he knows if he goes any further it will look fake.

Singto laughs, light and easy. When he opens his eyes again, they're filled with warmth as he gazes at the younger. "Not at all," he answers. Krist thinks back to when things felt like they could be okay.

He should've known better.

... But he did know better, didn't he? He tilts his head back over the top of the couch. He knew there would be an end to this relationship; he knew there was no happy ending. He just wanted to know what it would feel like, what letting the elder in and accepting his love would feel like.

Apparently, he thinks as he feels Singto's hand brush his from where they rest next to each other on the small couch; he closes his eyes, wishes fruitlessly to remain in this moment forever, it feels like this.

Before he knows it, he's getting a text from Hana, a quiet did you end it? p'yui told me to ask, and telling his senior that he has to go, there's been a work-related issue that's come up.

Singto says he understands, and they part with a warm kiss whose imprint turns cold as soon as Krist steps outside of the elder's apartment.

Hana meets him at their usual place, the coffeeshop that's finally managed to save them a back room where the prying eyes of the press can't see. "Did you?" is the first thing she asks.

Krist shakes his head.

Hana pulls out her phone. When she's done sending the text, she slides the still-full mug in front of her over to the other. "I didn't realize this is why she wanted me to be seen with you." She lifts her own mug up and takes a sip. "P'Yui never mentioned anything about it. I just assumed she thought it would make you look cooler to have a girlfriend."

"I," Krist swallows, "I didn't even realize she knew anything."

He hears the woman let out a small oh.

"So I guess we were both fooled, huh?" Krist asks, attempting a small smile.

Hana sighs. "I guess we were. Well, for what it's worth, I'd have let you keep up the relationship."

Krist's eyes widen before he looks at her. "Huh?"

Hana shrugs, cheeks going red. "I know a few things. I know a couple of guys. I could be your beard; no one would have to know anything." She lets out a breath and closes her eyes. "Of course, clearly, that's not how this will work out. You have one day left, you know." Her eyes open and their dark color sets on Krist.

The man inhales. "I can't do it."

"You have to," Hana tells him.

Krist squeezes his eyes shut as his grip tightens around his cup.

"Careful," Hana chastises him, voice going soft. "You might break it."

Krist exhales harshly, eyes staring down into the murky depths of his tea. "What if I already have?"

-

a/n literally someone said they don't like hana and i was ready to Throw Some Hands™ (it's fine lol we all have our own opinions haha)