Act 2, Scene 13

Eventually, he decides his first order of business is clearing up any confusion that Hana may be in due to contradicting stories or possible lies spun by Yui.

"I said the deal is off," Krist explains to her, taking another bite of chicken. "I'm sorry about that, by the way. You said you're fine with it, but I still feel kind of bad."

Hana shrugs. "No big deal. I'm more concerned with your wack behavior afterwards."

"Was it really that bad?" Krist asks.

After swallowing a bite of her food, Hana runs a finger along the edge of her plate. "Not as bad as it could be, but you were acting off, and then there was that night you just... cut everyone off."

A red string flashes in his mind.

Krist clears his throat before taking a sip of water. "I was feeling nostalgic."

Hana stares at him blankly.

Krist shakes his head. "Nevermind. Anyway, I have a set goal in mind now, but I'm not sure how plausible it is."

At this, Hana purses her lips. "Let me guess—it has something to do with Singto?"

Krist nods.

"And, more specifically, it has to do with getting back Singto," she continues.

Krist nods again.

Hana studies him for a minute before sighing. "This is either going to go really well or end up really bad."

"I'm hoping for the really well," Krist says.

Hana sighs and picks up her spoon. "Well, I'm not a psychic, so hoping is the best we've got." She waves her utensil at the other. "And doing. You need to work for this."

Krist smiles, feeling oddly calm at her critique. "I do. But," he leans back in his chair, "this time, I'm not afraid."

Hana raises a brow as she takes some rice onto her spoon. "You're not afraid?"

Krist lifts his glass of water. "I'm not afraid."

Hana inspects him for a second before making a face. "Impressive. Now, eat, you can't get the man of your dreams if you starve to death before you even start."

Krist takes another bite of chicken.