Act 2, Scene 7

Hana leaves after answering the phone with a cheerful hey!, a total one-eighty from her tone when talking to Krist.

Based on her expression and her words, Krist wishes she had stayed so he could hear the conversation.

But she hadn't, so he's left waiting for more information until he gets a text from her around dinnertime saying next week, my place, if yui asks, give as little info as possible k?

Krist swallows. K

When next week rolls around, Krist finds himself growing more and more anxious to meet whoever it is Hana wants him to meet. At one point, he finds himself checking his phone every couple of seconds just to see if the time to go to Hana's has gotten any closer. (It has, but by, like, two seconds.) Eventually, Yui stops him and asks what's going on.

He has to think fast. "Bathroom," is what his mind comes up with. "I really have to pee."

Yui stares at him blankly before shaking her head and shooing him away. "Go, then! You should've said something earlier."

Krist thanks her and quickly scurries off to the bathroom, where he pulls out his phone once again to see if Hana has managed to send anything without him noticing.

Surprisingly enough, she has.

still my place, the text reads, after dinner, late so u won't have anywhere to be. 10?

10 is good, Krist sends back.

Hana's text comes a couple seconds later, when Krist goes to wash his hands out of habit, despite not using the restroom. good, see u then

Krist pockets his phone before exiting. He goes back to the previous room he'd been in, Yui waiting patiently for him, along with a few others.

"Sorry," he apologizes, "wasn't feeling that great."

Yui sends him a look, and Krist is quick to shut his mouth.

The day seems to drag on until finally, Krist is saying goodbye to Yui, goodbye to everyone else, and going to get dinner.

As soon as he's done with dinner, he calls Hana.

She answers on the third ring. "Yes?"

"Am I good to come over?"

There's shuffling, a high-pitched giggle, and then, "Yeah. Yes. Sure. That's fine. We'll be here."

Krist nods, despite Hana not being able to see him, says, "see you soon," and then hangs up, grabbing his keys and leaving his apartment to go to Hana's.

-

a/n in honor of it now being pride month,,,i don't know if i should upload next chapter rn or wait another day.... . .. . . ...hmmmm >:3c