Act 1, Scene 17

1 Day Ago

They don't see each other. They can't. Singto is busy with photoshoots and interviews and auditions. Krist is busy with photoshoots, "dates" with Hana, and phone calls with Yui.

He doesn't know how to feel about that fact.

"I'll be able to see you tomorrow, though, right?" Singto asks on the phone when Krist complains about their busy schedule. His laugh is laced in his words.

Krist tries to laugh, too. "I guess."

They fall into a silence. It's heavy and awkward and Krist hates it.

He can hear his senior suck in a breath on the other end of the line, and he hears the way Singto is about to say something, but before he can, Krist stutters out a quick: "P'Yui just texted. I have to go. I'm sorry. Bye!" And then he hangs up before the elder can even get a word in.

Releasing a shaky exhale, he drops his head down onto his pillow face-first. "Why?" he moans into the pillow. "Does it really matter?" He stays like that until his phone lights up with a text.

It's from Singto.

My interview from a few weeks ago is airing tonight at 10, in case you want to watch it :)

Krist huffs out a soft sigh.

I really hope you do.

The young actor rolls over onto his back before closing his eyes.

When his phone dings with the reminder he set a few weeks ago, when Singto first told him about the interview air date, he turns it off. Then he turns off his phone, too. Then unplugs the television. Then switches off the lights. Then lays down.

He doesn't want to say goodbye.

He's not ready to say goodbye.

A knock on his door startles him. He ignores it. A couple minutes later, a knock comes again.

When he gets up, he turns his phone back on. Plugs in the television. Switches back on the lights. Goes to unlock his door.

It's Singto.

Krist sucks in a breath, refrains from immediately shutting the door.

"P'Sing," he says instead of crying. "What are you doing here?"

"I wanted to see you," the elder answers. "Are you going to watch the interview?"

Krist turns around. "I planned to. But I got a really bad headache. I was actually falling asleep just then."

"Oh?" His senior steps inside and puts a warm hand on his forehead. "Are you okay?"

Krist tenses before shaking his head, making the elder's fingers rub back and forth over his skin. "I don't think I'm sick. Just overworked maybe."

Singto removes his hand to guide the younger man to the bed. "Have you eaten?"

"No."

Singto nods and goes to the younger's kitchen. Krist watches him make a small dinner. When the elder is finished, he serves him on a paper plate with a plastic spoon. It reminds Krist of hotel rooms and whispers, late-night dramas and warm skin. They eat dinner in silence.

There are no texts from Yui. No texts from Hana. It's finally just Krist and Singto once again.

Krist looks over at the elder. Their fingers sit intertwined atop the covers. Their legs have managed to get tangled underneath the sheets. Singto looks over at him. The glow of city lights coming in through the window makes the elder look ethereal.

It feels, Krist's mind echoes, like this.

Krist tightens his grip on the other's hand. He leans in for a kiss. Singto meets him halfway.

Always, Krist thinks. I will always want to feel this.