Act 1, Scene 6

1 Year Ago

Things have only progressed from there. Lots of things are still majorly fan-service. Faux cheek-kisses, fake jealousy, unnecessary leaning in and a lack of personal space, all of those things: fan-service. But alone, there are things that remain unmentioned. Hand-holding, soft words, fingers running across warm skin. Nothing inappropriate, not really, but they still shouldn't reveal these acts.

They're laying side-by-side, Singto with a hand on Krist's cheek, Krist with a hand on Singto's side, the man's soft, black t-shirt pushed up to his ribcage. Their legs are intertwined, their lips are so close that their breaths intermingle.

The skin under Krist's hand is warm. The space they're sharing is comfortable.

Krist never wants to move.

Singto's thumb moves up and down on his cheek, lulling him into a state of calm that he hasn't felt in awhile. They breathe in sync, chests rising and falling at the same pace.

They're just staring at each other, and Krist knows he should be concerned with how close they are, how their gazes are locked, intense but not alarming, yet all he feels is warmth.

As if it were meant to happen all along, easily, simply, naturally he closes the gap between them, getting rid of any and all space between their lips.

Singto responds, easily, simply, naturally.

His lips are chapped, just the slightest bit, but, even more than that, they're warm. Krist tightens his grip on the elder's waist; Singto's fingers curl more firmly on his cheek.

They kiss and kiss and kiss, and all Krist feels is safety and warmth. It feels right.

Even after they pull away, they remain in each other's space.

Krist never wants to move.

"We should talk about this," Singto says eventually.

"Maybe later," Krist replies.

(Maybe later, he had said, but how much later?)

They fall asleep and wake up three hours later to Singto's phone ringing.

"Interview?" he asks into the microphone. "I'm sorry. We forgot."

When he hangs up, Krist is already by the door.

When they get back to the hotel, it's almost a given to go back to Singto's room.

They don't kiss again, but boundaries have been erased.

Boundaries Krist isn't sure were meant to be erased.