Act 2, Scene 16

"There was something wrong," Krist says. "There's no way he's just... over me."

"That sounds super egotistical of you," Hana replies. "And stop that. Your pacing is making me anxious."

Krist stops his rapid steps for only a second before resuming again. "It just doesn't seem plausible."

Hana glances up from her phone. "Maybe you're right," she says, making Krist feel hopeful. "But you could also be very wrong." She sighs. "Maybe he's just treating you the way you treated him. It is kind of what you deserve." She shakes her head as she looks back down at her phone. "Really. Who breaks up with someone like that?" Her tone is exasperated. Krist fully stops his pacing.

"I guess I deserve it," he agrees. "Why is everything still so complicated?"

"At least it's no longer internal conflicts," Hana remarks. "Now you can clearly see what's in front of you."

Krist lets out a breath. "That's true. I can focus on things other than me, now."

"Look on the bright side," Hana concurs. "Things'll be fine. There was something special in what you two had. I doubt he'd throw it away, just like that."

The unspoken like you did drifts through the air between them.

Hana waves her hand. "You've got a firm resolve. Things'll be fine."

Krist nods.

However, when he manages to "run" into Singto again, the other pretty much completely ignores him, and only says thanks for catching him after he'd stumbled. Krist hates to admit it, but he pretty much sulked for the rest of the day.

Hana pokes fun at his attitude, but it's clear she's growing worried at the way he gives half-hearted responses.

"What happened to that resolve?" she asks when he flops onto the couch after another day without acknowledgement from Singto.

Krist groans and places a hand over his eyes. "It's still there, just faint." He sits up. "I just don't know what to do. He won't even let me apologize!"

"I thought you said you did." Hana tilts her head.

Krist looks the other way. "I said I'm sorry, but I didn't go into further detail. He actually was able to figure out what happened."

"Weird," Hana says. "And you've made it clear you want to fix things?"

Krist frowns. "I thought I have."

He sighs and throws himself back down onto the couch.

"I guess I've just got to try again and try harder."

-

a/n there's just one more part and then the epilogue,,,,i'm shooketh