Act 1, Scene 9

5 Months Ago

"Tomorrow is it," Singto says, looking over to Krist.

Krist looks back, looks at his coworker, his friend, his.... He clears his throat and looks away. "It is." He licks his lips before ignoring all the doubts growing in his mind to ask: "Are you excited?"

Singto smiles, tilting his head slightly. "Yes. It will be nice to get a little bit of rest. But...," he shakes his head, "to an extent, I'll miss this."

"This?" Krist asks.

Singto motions around them, at the cameras, the reflective umbrellas, the microphones. "This. Filming. I feel like this has been my first big project; this will get me somewhere."

Krist looks around, taking in everything that has come to mean normalcy to him. He sucks in a breath before releasing it quietly. "You're right. I know what you mean."

Singto smiles at him before extending a hand.

Krist takes it.

Their eyes take in everything on set one last time before Krist notices Off filming them on his phone from behind one of the camera stands.

Krist drops Singto's hand, unsure how they looked before then. Did they look like actors settling into their roles or—he makes a face at Off when the elder starts laughing at them—something else?

He shakes his head, and then orders are being shouted out, and they're back to filming.

They're finished a couple hours later, and Krist feels like weights are dragging at his ankles, but at the same time, everything is finished. All that's left is editing.

"It's done," he says when Krist moves to stand next to him for a picture. Singto looks at him, about to say something, but Yui starts counting down, so he looks at her instead, smiling at the camera.

They move apart as soon as the picture is taken.

"It is," Krist agrees. "What are you going to do next?"

"I have some ideas," Singto says, a smile on his face. "And you?"

Krist smiles also. "Me too."

They stand there for a second, close but not too much, in the same space but not in each other's space, and for awhile, Krist thinks things can be okay.