Meghan-1

I awoke long before the alarm went off, I doubted I even slept at all. I had snuck back in from the party at 2:00am then I couldn't keep my mind off the occurrences there until the next morning, not even realizing that I hadn't turned off my alarm yet and my mom was at my door.

'Meghan. Turn the alarm off if you are awake and get dressed already'.

I finally rose from the bed and stared at the horrid dress hanging next to my dressing mirror. I screamed.

'Why do I have to go through this nightmare?'

'Because it's your sister's dream come through or is it true?' My bestfriend said as she walked into my room.

'How can one's nightmare be another's dream? And how are you here already and not hungover?

'That's life babe. It's fifteen minutes to 10:00am fool and your mother is going to bring hell down on you if you are not ready in the next five minutes. I'm not hungover because unlike someone I know, I did not get my ass drunk last night'.

As she said all these, she pulled me out of bed and pushed me into the bathroom.

I showered and as I scrubbed my body, memories of last night flashed in my head causing me to scrub even harder.

'All that scrubbing will only result in you tearing off your skin'. She said from outside the door.

I rinsed myself and got out. Three minutes left before mom began World War III but I had to apply makeup.

If I was going to be dressed in that dress from the 90s my face should at least represent something from the 21st century so that people watching the photos would know the wedding took place after civilization had occurred.

'Remind me why you get to be sexy while I'm stuck looking like a grandma'. I said as I applied mascara while staring at the brownskinned goddess seated on my bed, in a not so provocative red dress.

'Because you, not me, are the bride's sister and have to do everything to please her'.

We wrestled me into the dress that seemed to have three layers. It was going to be a long, hot day. We descended the stairs just as my mom was forming a scream.

'Oh. Good you are down already. How are you Pokello? My mom asked already hurrying out of the front door.

'I'm good madame Sue.' My bestfriend replied.

My mom hated when Pokello addressed her like that, said 'madame' made her feel old but Pokello did it anyway. It wasn't her being mischievous, she was just so traditional and said calling my mom by her name was disrespectful.

This was surprising to me because she was from a family of badasses but of course my mother didn't know about this, not that she didn't care about the sort of friends I kept but because I asked her to back off and let my friends be. She knew she had five brothers but that's all she knew, that was true at least.

We got into the back seat of my uncle, Sam's SUV. I couldn't bear to ride with the rest of the family and endure all the awkwardness, the day was bad enough without it. Once we got in Pokello turned to me.

'So did you really do it?' She asked.

'Do what?' I said boringly, hoping she'd drop the topic even though I knew she wouldn't.

'You know what. Last night? You and Zayn?'

'I told you girls I did it. You guys don't believe me?'

'Oh they totally believe you but I need more details'.

'After the wedding please. Let's take it one nightmare at a time'.