14- Zayn/Meghan♥️

Amazing cover byWinterlovie
This chapter contains both povs. You'll be notified when it changes
Enjoy😘

ZAYN

Even as the bedside lamp was on, the room was still dark and I loved it. I was beginning to love Meghan Summers room more than I did mine.

‘You wanted to talk’. She said from her position by the window. I turned to face her, she had her hands across her chest.

‘I’m sorry for acting out. I know you already think I’m a jerk, I don’t want that intensifying. I guess I was just being defensive. I know what I do and do not need anyone judging me, I do that a lot already. None of the shit I said about you is true so don’t let it get to you. You are not self-centered, tonight is prove’.
She stared for a moment too long.
‘I do not think you are a jerk. You could be an asshole sometimes but you are good, tonight is prove. Just so you know, the next time you call me a bitch I will punch you on the nose and believe, I won’t miss this time’.

‘Yeah, that was pretty low of me. Sorry’.
‘It’s okay. Your story won’t make it to Inkwell Monday morning news’.
I nodded with a small smile.

‘Since we’ve got that settled, I should probably head home. I couldn’t sleep knowing that our poor captain could be crying herself to sleep coz of me’. I teased.
‘You wish’.

I moved to the window and looked down.
‘Do you think I could use the door this time? The plants down there are wicked’.
She politely gestured towards the door.

As I held the handle to open it she called me and I turned to see her looking calm as she had since I climbed up her window.
‘I saw something else in your phone’.

My heart skipped a beat. I knew exactly what she had seen.

‘Why exactly were you going through my phone?’
‘I was trying to save myself and Katie from your blackmailing clutches’.
‘How did that go?’
‘You can say I got distracted’.

‘Look, I will tell you everything you want to know and delete the picture of you girls as long as you promise to keep your mouth sealed, even I am tired of this whole blackmailing thing. Let’s start afresh? No secrets, no blackmails, no pretence, no lies, no one night stands’.

‘You just had to say that?’
‘Say what? No lies?’ I smirked and she rolled her eyes.
‘So Zayn, what do gain from this?’
‘Your trust and you can have mine too’.

Honestly, I just wanted to let everything out, holding it in was killing me and she wanted to know so what was there to lose?
‘What makes you think you can trust me?’ she looked me daringly.

‘Meghan Summers, you are a lot of things but you are not a snitch and you said it yourself..’ I took a few steps towards her. ‘We have something, though small but something nonetheless’.
With her arms still across her chest she stared into my eyes, one could easily get drowned in those chocolate pools she has for eyes.

‘Okay then, friends?’ She stretched her hand towards me, her eyes never leaving mine.
‘Friends’. I said and shook her hand, drawing shapes on her palm with my index finger.
‘Stop that’. She said, a small smile visible on her lips.
‘What? Is our captain ticklish?’I said, pouting a little. She withdrew her hand from mine and walked to the bed, falling on it like a pregnant seal.

‘So where do we begin?’ she asked cheerily.
I dumped myself on the bed beside her.
‘I’m in a gang’.
‘So the rumors are true’. She simply stated.
‘I had no choice’.
‘We all have choices. It’s either you do it or you don’t. No matter the option you pick, they are always going to be consequences’.