Meghan-21

Syokau_ sent me the cover, don't know who designed it

We were all panting and coach looked too happy to see us with our tongues hanging out. Our final game is in three days and we have been practicing our asses off.

‘That was a close one tigers’. Coach said
‘Close one? We can barely feel our lungs’. Pokello flared.
‘If you feel your lungs Poks then you have more issues than I thought’.
Most of the girls laughed as Pokello glared at coach’s back.

‘We have to win this and definitely not because I made a bet with the other coaches. Practice at all times, I mean it and for those of you who haven’t, you still have enough time to get some, you know. I heard it helps relaxes….’

‘Ehm coach, I don’t think that is very appropriate for you to say’. I stepped in before he cost himself his job.
‘Whatever. It’s not like you don’t hear it every day in biology, God knows that teacher of yours is a pervert’.
Pokello opened her mouth to say something but shut it immediately as we began filing out of the changing room.

The practice had lasted an hour longer so it had to be a little past 5pm and I was supposed to be on a date with Travis. I hit the showers and was putting on my regular clothes when a message came into my phone. Rereading it was torture but I couldn’t stop even as it made my pulse rise and not in a good way.

‘Are you okay?’ Pokello asked as we stepped into the hallways.
‘You will not believe it’.
‘I’m sure I will’.
‘Your brother is a selfish ape who will rather bath his dog than go out with his girlfriend. Who gives a fuck if the Dane stinks for a day longer?’

I couldn’t wrap my head around it; Travis actually cancelled on me to spend time with his dog.
‘Well, I do. That dog stinks you won’t believe it but I will feed Trevor 30mils of honey I promise. How dare the asshole?’
I knew she was going to do it and I was too angry to call her off.

‘You’ve heard from Katie?’ I asked.
‘She’s at the movies with Daniel’. She replied with a huge grin.
Who’s the man? Danny’s the man.
‘And Queenie?’
‘Majestically third wheeling. It’s the only way Katie agreed to go’.
I couldn’t help but groan. What’s her problem?

‘Queen just sent me a pic’. She handed me her phone. Queenie was sandwiched between Kate and Daniel and had her I-give-up look, Katie appeared to be engrossed in the movie while Dan was smiling weakly. Poor dude.

‘Eh... It’s not that bad. Baby steps’. Kello said and I raised a brow at her.
‘Okay, Katie sucks’. She confessed.
‘When is Newt picking you up?’ I asked as we walked to the parking lot but he was already there, leaned against his car.
‘Meghan’. He cheered, tossing me a free smile.

‘Don’t smile at me dude, I’m still mad’.
He chuckled.
‘I know but there’s nothing to worry about’.
‘Then let me tell my mom’.
‘No, that will only make her unnecessarily worried’.
‘Unnecessarily?’ I scolded and he sighed in frustration, looking to Kello for help.

‘You going home from here?’ Pokello questioned in a flimsy attempt to divert my attention but I humor her.
‘Well, my boyfriend dumped me for a dog so yeah, might as well take my undesirable ass home’.
‘Your competition was a dog, you obviously didn’t stand a chance. Don’t beat yourself up’. I rolled my eyes at the familiarity of the voice.

‘Shouldn’t you be home, Zayn?’ I said as I turned to face him. I couldn’t miss the warning look Kello cast him as she and Newt got into his car. He watched them drive away before speaking.