Meghan-25

Hey guys! 🙂
Read the note at the end of this, it's kind of important.
Cover? Still Torie

June was telling someone about my weekend tradition. They had been talking for a while but I couldn't make out a word. As the events of last night swiftly came to me, I squeezed my eyes shut.

I was in Zayn's room and I had told him more than I should have last night. My eyes snapped open and easily found his green ones. I could see the uncertainty in them and I knew my admittance of the attraction I feel towards him last night must be making him feel awkward around me.

'Meghan. Are you okay?' my eyes moved to June and I smiled. She had an extra glow to her skin.
'I'm fine'. She nodded
'Don't let Zayn wolf down all the cupcakes, it's not exactly healthy for breakfast but it's what I was craving'.
Ah, even her vocabulary was knocked up.

'Don't worry, I won't let him bully me'. She smiled and disappeared from the room.
'So you two want to explain this ehm situation to me?' My attention was finally directed at Jake.
'Hey Zayn's girlfriend'. I teased
'You are the one in his bed'.
'It's not like you haven't been here. I saw all the pics'.

'I'm his best friend'.
'Whatever, handbag or should I call you leather jacket since that is what he really carries around'.
'Will you two stop bickering like co-wives? I feel so loved it hurts'. Looks like he got over his uncertainty.

'Get over yourself'. I said
'Yeah, if your ego grows any bigger, it will explode'. Jake added.
'You've both ganged up against me. Look at us being so polygamous. We should all date, what's it called again? Polyamory?'
'You are into that?' Jake questioned.
'No dude, sorry to disappoint'. He tossed a whole cake into his mouth.

I grabbed my bag from the nightstand and got out of bed.
'You mind dropping me off at home? I need to talk to the girls'.
'Yeah sure. Let me just brush my teeth and stuff'.
'Stuff?' Jake raised an incredulous brow.
'Funny how you didn't think about your teeth before pouncing on those cakes'. I said as I grabbed two of them and walked out to wait for him downstairs.

'That was fun Meg, let's do it more often'. Jake called out.
'Do what? Have an impromptu meeting in Zayn's room? You give weird a whole new meaning'. Zayn laughed as he handed the last piece of cake to Jake and stalked to his bathroom.

June was seated on the kitchen island scarfing down scrambled eggs.
'What happened to the cakes?' I asked from my position at the sliding door.
'I was no longer feeling them'. She replied.
I couldn't help myself, I rushed in and hugged her. She hesitated before wrapping her arms around me. I pulled away when I felt her shaking, she was crying.

'Hey, what's wrong?' She wiped her eyes, looking embarrassed.
'Nothing, I'm just an emotional mess'.
'From what I've heard, it comes with the package'. I stared at her still flat tummy.
'I know but I don't know if I can do it. I just got a new family and now a baby? It just feels like more responsibility and I don't know if I can take care of everyone'.

This was the first time I was seeing her break down like this and it warmed my heart to have her talk to me about it.

'You don't have to take care of everyone sis, you've done that for long enough. We can all take care of ourselves; me, mom, Gracie, your in-laws, even Malik. Right now you are the one who needs all the care, you and my little princess or prince'.
She cupped my cheeks and grinned.

'I can't believe how much you've grown'. I laughed and kissed her forehead.
Zayn shuffled loudly into the kitchen, cladded in black sweatpants and that jacket from last night.
'Did I interrupt something?'

'No but you seem to be undergoing serious fashion crisis'.
'I'm just dropping you off and heading back home. Will you be embarrassed riding with me?' He made a pouty face.
'Knowing you is an embarrassment on its own'. I said as I walked past him but he grabbed my arm.

'How about sharing my bed?' Gone was the playful face, the look he was giving me made my skin heat.
June coughed knowingly and I withdrew my arm from his grasp, quickly heading for his car. I quickly texted the girls and asked them to bring hung over asses to my house.

The ride to my place was awkward, much like the ride to June's wedding reception months ago. He was riding at full speed but the journey seemed interminable. I wanted to turn the radio on but feared that stupid song would come up and this time it wouldn't be funny.

When he parked in front of my house, we sat in awkward silence and I know I had to do something to ease the tension.
'Ehm, thanks for the ride'. He nodded.
'And letting me stay the night'. Again he nodded and I sighed.

'I remember what I said last night and I'm sorry if it made you uncomfortable. I didn't exactly mean it, if you couldn't tell, I was slightly drunk'. I lied through my teeth, he had to know I was lying.

He nodded again, more slowly this time and when he looked at me, he could've been wearing a mask because I couldn't read him but he quickly put on a smug grin.
'Like I said, it's hard to tell'. I managed a small smile and got out of the car.

'Hey captain!' He called when I was a few feet away. I turned to face him and he seemed like he was conflicted on what to say but he smiled and said;
'Sorry for waking you last night and thanks... For holding my hand'.
I nodded and continued into the house.

Gracie was seated by the stairs drinking coffee. She smiled at me as soon as I walked in.
'That wasn't Travis'. She said mischievously.
'Aren't you supposed to be in bed?'
'I couldn't sleep because my stomach feels heavy, do you think I'm pregnant?' She asked hopefully.
'I don't think that's how it works'. I leaned on the railing.

She sighed.
'You want a baby?' I questioned.
'Yeah, if it will tie Stuart down. June is having one'
I sighed, completely astounded by her thoughts. Was i? No. it was Gracie, she needed help thinking.

'June is married and don't think for a second that a baby will tie a man down. Why do you think they are lot of baby mamas around? A man will stay if he wants to, if Stuart doesn't want to....?' Good riddance, I added in my mind.

'Are you trying to distract me from the main point with this your bull crap love lessons?' She looked at me like I just asked for her ovaries.
'There was a main point?'
'Yeah. The one that explains why you got back with Zayn and not Travis'. She pushed out her lips like an angry mom waiting for me to deny a crime that she already knew I committed.

'It's kind of a long story'. I tried that escape route.
'It's a Saturday, I have pretty much all day'.
'Well, I don't. The girls will be here any minute and I don't want them knowing I slept over at Zayn's'.
'Why not? I mean you were with June right? It's not like you slept in his room'.

'Ehm....i'.
'Wait, you slept with him?' she shouted
'Hold up. Not like that, we just shared his bed.
'Right'. She said disbelievingly. 'Look, I won't blame you if you have feelings for Zayn, I mean he is a literal sex doll how can you not?'
She raised her hand up as I opened my mouth to speak, shutting me up.

'Since the wedding, I always thought there was friction between you two. Not the bad sort, like nylon on skin ya'know. Anyways, so my point is if we are changing sailors you've got to let me know. I've always secretly shipped you guys but Travis is like your life long crush, I couldn't risk sinking with the ship'.

I spent ten seconds trying to see how that entire statement was helpful and when I couldn't find any I walked past her.
'I don't have feelings for Zayn'. I told her and myself.
I can't.

---------------------------------------------------------------
Hi!!! So, I feel like I owe you guys a continent of apologies. I'm sorry for the lack of updates for months, everytime I came on and saw your votes and comments and I just hated myself.
I thought I could make it up to you guys by uploading all the chapters at once when I got around to writing them then I realized we'd be waiting for another year because this is my final year in college and the stress is beyond me so I'll try to update whenever I can.

Thank you for not giving up
Almost 6k reads?? I love you guys💗💗