Meghan-29

Thanks dreamxwang for the btb covers... I finally decided on my fav🖤🖤💛🧡

My mom was slummed on a chair in the living room facing the ceiling when I got back that evening. Her eyes were shut so I made to quietly retire to my room.

‘Meghan’.
There is a way a parent calls one’s name that sends off a clear message of trouble.
‘Yes mom’.
She rose from her seat and met me by the stairs.
‘Mom is everything okay?’ I inquired
‘You had no right’. She began           

‘What?’
‘You had no right to keep the truth away from me. Why didn’t you tell the shameless gold digger was back in town?’
‘Mom’.
‘Let me speak’. She hissed out

‘Those girls are my kids too and they are all Sam has. Imagine what he’d go through if he lost them. Magdalene has to understand that she has no power over any member of this family and we won’t all abandon each other like she did but keeping secrets like that, it makes us look weak. Don’t ever withhold such information from me again with the flimsy excuse of protecting me. I am the mother here, I don’t need protection’.

Her chest heaved up and down as she struggled to breath. She went up the stairs to her room, leaving me there.

‘She’s on fire today, isn’t she?’ Gracie said out of nowhere.
‘How did she find out?’ I asked
‘Her sister dearest stopped by. Seriously Meg, you should have told us’.
‘It wasn’t a big deal’.
‘Don’t let her hear you saying that’.
‘What was Magdalene doing here?’
‘Isn’t it obvious? Rubbing her shitty achievements in mom’s face but our badass momma gave it to her so hot she sped off to Sudan without a bathroom break’. I chuckled. 

‘Mom’s so pissed right now’.
‘Don’t worry about her, she is just using this to release stress’.
‘Is the store stressing her out that much?’
‘More than you think. You know unlike you, most girls are very interested in jewelries and very indecisive when presented with many options so there’s a lot of running around. Did I tell you that diamond rings are being raided now? It’s like everyone is getting married. Last week Stuart stopped by the shop and I subtly pointed out the ring I want but it’s still lying there in its box. Why isn’t he getting the signs?’

I groaned and ascended the stairs. Being scolded by my mom was better than listening to her talk her unmoving relationship.
I fell on my bed as soon as I got my door open, it had been a bumpy day.

My phone began ringing and I didn’t have to check to know that it was Travis. He had been calling throughout my…. Hangout with Zayn and it just made things awkward. He called two more times but I didn’t want to turn my phone off because of him so I muted it instead and went to take a shower.

I was hoping that mom’s standoff with her sister would put an end to everything, that would be one big problem down. I had been wondering why she wanted the twins back, maybe a mother could only survive so long without her children but Magdalene wasn’t a mother, no mother would abandon her kids for a man. She wasn’t even asking for newt, the only one who really remembered her. She didn’t want the girls because she loves them, she wanted them as trophy. That taught me a lesson; most people only hang with you for the value and attention the association gives them.

I got the fright of my life when I walked back into my room and found Travis sitting on my bed.
‘What are you doing here?’
‘I came to see you. You weren’t taking my calls’. He rose
‘I was busy, letting other people but you solve my problems’.
‘I’m sorry’.

‘For what? Being a dick or disrespecting me?’
‘Babe, I’m so sorry for all the shit I said, I can’t blame it on the drinks but it contributed. I would never say such things to you sober’.

‘Your apologies won’t work this time Travis. I am tired of being your call girl. I do my best to give you all of me but you take flight when there is a bottle of scotch, a pack of your friends or a stinking dog to shower. Do you think I don’t have family and friends to hang with and let loose but I’m there whenever you sneeze or piss your brothers off enough to poison you with honey. I am sick of being the girl you call off on and leave alone on the bed. I am not a fool Travis, that I chose to stick with you doesn’t give you the right to treat me as one. I said yes to you, I can easily say no more’.

‘Meghan please. I am sorry for making you feel unwanted and taking you for granted’. He took my hands in his.
‘I will do better, I promise’.
‘A promise means nothing to you Travis Harden’. I opposed
‘I swear on… myself?’
I sighed.

‘Why don’t we just end this, you can never love me’.
‘No Meg please, I do!’
‘What?’
‘I do’. He quietly said. ‘I do love you’.
I stood there stunned to my toes. The last thing I expected to hear that night was Travis Harden say he loves me.

‘Travis…’ He pulled me into himself.
‘Just.. don’t leave me Meg. You are the only hope I have left’. There was a sadness laced in his voice that I couldn’t understand and didn’t have the energy to question.
‘I will try for you I promise’. He added
‘No more drunken fights?’ he nodded
‘No pressuring me into doing what I don’t want to’.
‘We do only what you are comfortable with’.
‘No more animal intruders?’ He laughed lightly.
‘Not even a fly’.

‘Good’. I disengaged myself from him.
‘Go home Trav, I need to pass out’.
He looked at me and I knew what he wanted but I couldn’t give him that. My phone lit up as he got out, I reached for it.

Smirky: Got home safe?
PS: Your sister just vomited all over Malik’s shoes. I thought these things were supposed to be morning sickness. Anyway, goodnight captain.

I looked through my window and saw Travis getting into his car. I just couldn’t give it to him.

---------------------------------------------------------------
Keep reading! 😁