Meghan-26

Cover by dreamxwang

‘Why would she do that to me?’ Queenie asked for the umpteenth time.
‘That is not the question you should be asking now. The right question is how do we kill her?’ Pokello stated, staring us all in the face with seriousness that made me question her sanity and mine as her best friend.

Katie face-palmed.
‘Is she still drunk?’ she asked
‘Hey. Just curing my hangover with more drinks’. She reached for the juice box beside her that apparently contained alcohol.

‘I say we confront her’. Katie suggested.
‘Then beat her up’. I added.
‘To death’. Pokello added and winked.

‘I can’t fight her, I’ll ruin my manicure’. Queenie whined, ignoring Kello’s savage suggestion.
‘My brothers can help’. Pokello spoke again.
‘No. I can’t have your brothers doing my dirty job for me’. Queenie declined.

‘Oh really? But you had no problems with it last night when Tyler hauled your drunk ass to his room’. Kello said and burped.
‘His room? Queenie, you ditching the Drew train already?’ I asked.

‘Get your mind out of the loo, he only took me there because he was leaving to go get raped by five bitches’.
Yup that definitely sounded like Tyler.

‘You were supposed to be watching her Meg, where’d you go?’
‘To Zayn’s’. I replied without thinking.
‘Ehm, Zayn’s?’ Pokello asked, both her brows shooting up.
‘Yeeah, I told you already. We were discussing about Tara. He said he hacked into her social media…. Guys, I know how we can handle Tara’.

‘Cut her in bits and store her in bits with the rest of the gross stuff in the biology lab?’ we all stared at a grinning Pokello.
‘No but that was a good idea’. Katie spoke up.
‘What is wrong with all of you? Anyway, my idea is we hack into her social media again, search for dirt and spill it’.

‘That sounds like something from a poorly written teen drama’. Pokello said.
‘It’s better than your creative scene that is perfect for a bad horror/thriller’. Katie fired back.
‘What if she doesn’t have dirt?’ Queenie asked.
‘She is a four inched drama queen. She definitely has dirt’. I responded.

‘But…’
‘No buts, Meg will call Zayn and set things in motion. For now, let’s go join Gracie in the pool’. Katie said and dragged Queen out of the room, leaving me with a glassy eyed Pokello.
‘So it’s gotten to this stage’. She started.
‘What stage?’ I inquired

‘He now runs errands for you’.
‘He is trying to help’.
‘Why? Queenie isn’t his friend’.
‘She isn’t his enemy either’.
‘Why are you refusing to see it? He is only doing this because of you!’ Her voice kept rising.

‘So? A friend of my friend is my friend right?’
‘So you are saying he is your friend’.
‘Is there anything wrong with that?’
‘No. Until you ditch your boyfriend to go be with him’.
‘I was going to leave Travis whether Zayn called or not because he was a drunk mess. Like you are right now’.

She remained quiet and took another swig of her drink after some time.
‘What’s going on with you? You’ve been riding on rage for a while now like it’s the only way you get to breathe’.
Her eyes watered.

Pokello wasn’t one to express fear or pain through tears, she converted it to anger. When we were seven and got stuck in her basement, she trashed all Trevor’s gadgets until he got back and freed us. No one else knows about it because I promised not to tell, she didn’t want them to be scared of her.

‘It keeps me from thinking. That way I can’t worry’. She whispered hoarsely.
‘About what?’
‘My brothers’. She stated quietly, staring at her thighs.
‘What about them?’

‘The twins, they keep arguing and I found out that Greg’s gang is under some sort of threat and he has refused to leave because he can’t let them down when they need him the most so Trevor has been making some moves, trying to diffuse the threat but I don’t think it’s working and I’m just so worried. I suggested we leave town but them strong heads won’t even consider it, I’m just so scared’.

What does one even say to that?

‘Kello, they can take care of themselves, they’ve been doing it for years’.
‘You know the world doesn’t have a constant. What if they’ve reached their last cut?’
‘You can’t be thinking like that, you have to stay positive and be strong’.

‘I’ve tried, really tried but I can’t shake the feeling off that something is coming, something bad. I should have stopped them earlier Meg but I encouraged it. I could’ve done it but I didn’t and now I’m going to lose them. I can’t lose them Meg’.
I closed the space between us and wrapped my arms around her.

‘There is nothing you could have done that you didn’t do. They are all capable of making their own decisions, don’t blame yourself for the wrong ones they made’.
‘So you are saying they are doomed’. She moved out of my embrace.
‘No. I’m saying it’s up to them to right their wrongs, you can’t do it for them’.
She nodded.

‘Thanks’. She smiled slightly.
‘What are friends for?’
‘Hangouts and gossips’. I laughed.
‘They are meant to support and tell each other the truth’.
‘About truth, I’m not sorry for what I said about Zayn. He’s a threat to your relationship with Trav’.
‘I don’t have feelings for Zayn’.
She laughed coldly.

‘Meg, no one knows you like I do. Don’t say I didn’t tell you’.
‘Noted’. I said and lay back, still feeling her eyes on me.
‘Sooo. Can we kill Tara?’ She teased.
‘Absolutely not, she’s not worth the consequences’.

‘She hurt Queenie, I say she’s pretty worth it’.
‘You really want to sit in jail knowing you are there because of that thwarted squirrel?’
‘It will be for Queenie’.
‘Queenie would rather have you stay out here and kill parties with her’.

‘Fine but I’m knocking out one of her tooth’. She said and took a swig from the bottle before I snatched it from her.
Queenie walked back in with Katie, both looking as dry as they had been when they walked out.
‘I see the swimming went well’. I remarked.

‘Gracie peed in the pool, anyway I wanted to tell you girls something’. Queenie said as she lowered herself on the bed.
‘Are you waiting for drum rolls?’ Kello said after a while.
‘My mom has a boyfriend’.
‘Mrs. Tanner has a boyfriend?’ Katie expressed her surprise.

‘I know right. Who knew she could land a guy with her amazing alcohol enhanced body’.
‘Queen’. Katie placed her hand over Queenie’s.
‘It’s fine. As I was saying, she’s changed. She cooks, hums, even showers’.
‘Love, the crazy things it does to us’. Pokello coyly remarked.

We all laughed. Things weren’t that bad.

-----------------------------------------------------------------
Happy new month peeps...
Next update might take a while
Plz vote and comment, I wanna hear from y'all