Meghan-2

We had just settled into the Range Rover and I had never felt more awkward in my life.

Here I was, sitting next to a one night stand whose brother wedded my sister a few minutes ago. I always knew something was wrong with that Malik guy.

'Pardon me I totally lost my manners. You look terrific Meghan'. He said with that stupid smirk of his, he was totally mocking me.

'For a bad boy I thought you'd do better with the lines or is this how you behave after you get the cookie?'

'And here I was thinking you wouldn't want to talk about last night'.

'And for once you thought right but only partly because I don't want to talk to you at all'.

He was silent for a while.
'For the records, I meant the good part of terrific'. He said calmly but I didn't say anything until we got to the reception venue.

As expected, the concept was weird like the couple, I didn't even let myself think of what their kids would look like. Don't get me wrong, my sister wasn't ugly but Malik was ugly enough for five people or maybe I just didn't like the guy.

For the first time today I saw my other older sister, Gracie with her so-tall-he-now-bends boyfriend, chatting and laughing. Why do they always make weird choices?

My mom was brunette and we all were, originally but Gracie turned hers blonde which totally suited her appearance and personality. She was a free spirit, totally gorgeous with just the right amount of curves. I, however cut mine low but not so low, styled it and sprayed it maroon but I change the color whenever I feel like it. Presently, it was blonde.

At first mom was furious, coupled with my involvement in basketball, she was convinced I was gay but pokello told her that the possibility of me being gay was as low as the possibility of cardi B becoming a gospel artist.

June had always been the family's pride with all her ethics and good grades. I never envied her, I infact pitied her for having to pretend all the time just to please others.

Zayn offered me his hand.
'This isn't prom. Our siblings are getting married not us'. I said. He smiled and dropped his hand.

The hall was so large and instead of four seats per table it was two, such extravagance.

We took our seats and I distracted myself by texting with pokello even though she and Newt were just a few seats away. Poor boy was talking alot and she wasn't even paying attention.

We talked alot, about Malik's needle-like mother in a dress that would definitely kill her, about Gracie's laughter that was way louder than the music, about the toast Malik's bestfriend gave that sealed it in everyone's mind they were psychos.

Best bitch; At least talk to your date, he's just staring at you.

Me; Why? So we can recount last night's events and talk about the parts we liked best? Maybe you should talk to your own partner.

'Who are you texting?' Zayn said just on cue.

'Pokello'.

'But she's ten feet from here'.

'omg! How didn't I realize that?' I said with wide eyes making him chuckle.

'I always knew you were feisty'.

'Oh yeah? How's you know that? From last night?' He frowned slightly and didn't say another word.

Food was brought in and it was a buffet service but he didn't want to eat, neither did I. I wanted a drink though so he got us margaritas. As I sipped, he watched me.