Meghan-15

‘She just did BJ’.
‘No, I head she climbed the pole’. Queenie said, feeling so proud of her innuendo.
Pokello laughed.
‘That is so nasty, then again it’s Anna we are talking about’.

‘Can you girls change the topic please? Who cares if Anna Braxton rode the janitor? Principal Langston always talks about spreading love, it’s about time someone put it into practice’. I said as I collected books from my locker.

‘You think you could send some of that love in my direction?’ I turned to face Zayn and Jake.
‘Hey Zayn… and his sidekick’. I greeted.
‘Heyy Zayn’. Queenie said flirtatiously.
‘Hey girls’. He greeted with a big smile.
‘You look well rested, no signs of that hideous smirk. Enjoying your sweet days of being grounded?’

‘Definitely, June bakes such delicious velvet cupcakes’.
Hearing her name reminded me that I still owed her an apology.

‘Ooh those are legendary, even better when accompanied by vodka’. Pokello said dreamily, food is one of her greatest vibes.
‘You always know a Harden by their wildness’. Zayn said
‘Thanks for the compliment’. Pokello curtseyed.
‘See you ladies around’. He said and walked off.

I locked my locker and turned to face the girls who were all wearing their spill it face.

‘Nothing happened’. I stated.
‘Come on, we can all see that something has changed’. Katie said matter-of-factly.
‘Can’t one just be cool with their in-law?’I asked and they all raised a brow at me.
‘Okay, will you guys stop making that face?’
Just then the bell rang for first period and I sped off to math.

I kept avoiding the girls between classes which wasn’t difficult since I share most of my classes with just Queenie who kept texting me, trying to bribe me to tell her if I was thinking about dropping Travis for Zayn, except in geography because she was too busy flirting with Mr. Dawson.

‘Who ever said you are boring Mr. Dawson? You are very lively, I’m sure your girlfriend agrees’. She said.
‘Maybe she would when I get around to finding her. Think you could help me with that, Miss Tanner?’

He did not just say that.

‘Of course. Anything for the good teacher’. She said in that voice she learned from one of her Barbie films. What am I going to do with her?

I had lunch in the basketball court but was joined by Pokello.
‘How did you know I was here?’ I asked as she took a seat beside me.
‘It was pretty obvious’. She answered.
‘Strawberry?’ I asked, offering her my lunch. She took five at once.

‘So. What’s up with you and Rodriguez?’ She asked, munching on the red bundle of goodness.
‘I managed to get him to delete the photo’.
‘At what cost?’
‘Friendship’.
‘Friendship?’
‘Yes. He wants to start all over as friends. No matter what we do we’ll still have to deal with each other so why not make the best out of it?’

‘I guess’. She said with a shrug.
‘I still don’t trust him though’. She added.
‘No one is asking you to. I can’t say I completely do either, just see him as a necessary evil’.
‘Fine’.

He was sitting with his noisy group as I walked into literature, laughing at a joke someone must have told and as soon as he spotted me, he winked and I moved to my seat sparing him a small smile.

Queenie kept talking about how fun it must be to date two boys at once as we walked to my car after school.
‘How many times does she have to say that she is not dating Zayn before you understand, Queenie?’ Katie said
‘I honestly think she should. If one boyfriend is good how great will two be?’
‘How would you know? When you are stuck with a massive crush on your geography teacher’. Katie said with a mocking smile that caused wrinkles on Queenie’s forehead.