Spin-off

I think we can all agree that I do not know what tomorrow means.

Anyway, Travis is waiting to meet y'all.... Again

Excerpt:Travis Harden is on a conscious journey of self destruction, running from shadows that he can't get rid of and a part of himself that he wants to keep buried

Excerpt:
Travis Harden is on a conscious journey of self destruction, running from shadows that he can't get rid of and a part of himself that he wants to keep buried.

Jake Levinson has moved on from the boy that made and broke him, he is testing the waters and discovering himself. Casville was supposed to help strengthen his budding relationship with a great guy but instead he is reunited with a past he realizes he isn't nearly over. He should look the other way but old habits die hard and Travis is a very bad one.

PROLOGUE
Pops had just brought mama and the new baby home. We were all in their room staring at the sleeping baby on the bed sucking her brown fingers. She was darker than the rest of us, mom said her melanin was deep. Mom also said Tyler had been pink when he was born but 5years later, he had the color of polished wood.

"Why does mom keep having more babies?" Chris whispered to Greg behind me. They were stood too closely to each other, almost at the same height.
"Kevin says it's because pops hates condoms". Chris whispered back.

Kevin was the 8year old in the hood that every parent warned their kid to avoid but he always stole magazines from his father's drawer and my brothers liked to look at the pictures with him.

They both erupted in tiny giggles that forced me to go sit on the bed with mom. Everyone said having a twin was great, like having a sibling but more. Maybe it was to them but Chris and Greg were the same, down to every detail as long as my two year old mind was concerned, except their voices. Having them as older brothers was doubly annoying.

"Does she have a name?" I asked mama who wrapped an arm around me.
"Not yet, nna'm but soon, after we take her to church".
I watched the baby steer in her sleep and frown a little, her brown finger slipping from her mouth. I took hold of it and stared at her face.

"Why did you have so many babies, mama?" I looked away from my new sister's face to see my eldest brother, Trevor roll his eyes.
"Because babies are beautiful". My father answered, instead.

I still didn't understand why they had so many especially since our house wasn't big enough for all of us to play in already.
I looked round the room, mentally numbering my siblings and I.
"Six?"
Pops crossed the room and carried me in his arms.

"Even ten wouldn't be too much, little cub. Papa is a lion and lions never shy away from responsibilities. I'm always gon' be here for you. All of you". He shared a look with my mom, kissed her forehead then smiled at me.

He was a lion?
Bullshit.

--------------------------------------------------------
That's it.
The story is told from Travis' point of view and you'll get an insight into the Harden family history.
Lots of feels is assured😁

The book will be posted on my profile today so you can add it to your libraries.

See you there! Or not...