Zayn-24

My Valentine gift to y'all coz you are my real lovers💓💋💋
Cover?  Torieasy again

Her uncharacteristic silence bugged me. Mom had seen me leave to get her but luckily for us, she wasn’t in the living room when we got back so we hurried to my room and she quickly placed herself by the window.

‘Okay seriously. What’s wrong?’ I asked, again.
‘Nothing. I’m just party-lagged’.
‘Party-lagged? Is... That is not even a thing and if it were I think it’d be characterized by drowsiness, impaired speech and nausea not dead silence’.

‘Don’t tell me you miss my voice’.
‘No? I just hate to be bored’.
‘Well I’m not here to entertain you. You were supposed to tell me something?’
Her voice was steely.

‘Did Travis do something? Coz the last time you were transferring aggression like this he had dumped you for a cat’. I regretted it the second I said it but her reaction confused me. She laughed a low deep laugh.

‘Aren’t you just the unfortunate bystander?’
‘And innocent. Unfortunate and innocent’.
‘Don’t worry, you are about to get lucky’.

I watched her rise and walk to me. She stopped two feet away and stared at me with those brown puddles, trying to draw me in. The air around us was heavy but I didn’t dare speak for fear of upsetting whatever balance we had left.

‘You feel it too don’t you?’
When she realized I wasn’t going to speak, she continued.

‘Do you feel that pull? The one that always draws me back to you, the one that makes me want to touch you, the one that made me leave my boyfriend hard and dry for this. This is the something you were talking about right? The little thing between us that we can’t ignore. Well Zayn, this little thing just got bigger, at least for me’.

For me too. The night terrors were back but the face had change. The face was now Meghan’s, beaten, broken, disfigured because of me, because I let myself get drowned in chocolate pools and angry brows but there was still hope, I could stop it if I just looked away but that was proving to be harder than I thought.

She walked past me and sat on the bed.
‘So, who did it?’ she was moving past what just happened and I know it wasn’t the best solution but we couldn’t dwell on it at the moment.

‘Ehm… it was Tara’. I still hadn’t completely recovered my voice.
‘Tara Johnson?’ the surprise on her face was expected. No one thought of Tara as more than an attention seeking, stiletto wearing bed bug. At least that was what I thought.

‘Yeah’. Her forehead creased as she frowned.
‘That tots spewing Tom Thumb. I will yank off her fake lashes and rake out her sore soles’. Her fingers were closing in on themselves like she had developed claws.
‘Wow there tiger, you are yanking out my sheets alright’.

Something flashed in her eyes when I said tiger but she masked it and eased her tensed muscles.
‘How did you find out?’
‘Luck. I heard her talking about it with her little friends at the game’.

‘So you eavesdrop on people now Rodriguez?’ She teased.
‘Not intentionally. You should be glad I did’.
‘I am but I don’t understand why she’d do that’.

‘To lower Queenie’s rank on the hot girls list? Or whatever you girls call it. Seriously though, people like Queenie, she’s not even on the cheer squad but she’s popular, more popular than Tara’.
‘And Tara is cheer squad leader’. She tried to reason.

‘I thought that was petty and tried to do some digging’.
‘You didn’t confront her, did you?’
‘No, I hacked into her social media. Did you want me to?’
‘Nah, Queenie would love to do that herself. How did you log into her social accounts? Don’t worry, you are a brainiac’.