Meghan-31

Two chapters were uploaded

Jake is gay.
It was the major thought in my mind. It wasn’t the idea of it that bothered me, it was the possibilities my brain came up with. Why wouldn’t he want me to find out about it? He didn’t think I was homophobic did he? Of course he did.

Maybe he thought I knew, that Katie told me and that’s why I tortured him. Or maybe he thought I’d tell Zayn but what if Zayn knows? They are best friends, so close one would think they were…. Oh god, what if they were…

Katie said someone had anonymously sent a pic to her but the other guy’s face was concealed. She couldn’t make out anything aside that it was a guy because of the poor lighting in the room.

A loud noise downstairs threw me out of bed and back to reality. I grabbed my ball and began to tiptoe downstairs but when I got there, all I found was Gracie, twirling to an imaginary song and humming her life out.

‘Are you drunk? It’s six am’
She turned to look at me.
‘Sister, oh sister’. She waltzed to me. ‘Today is the happiest day of my life’.
‘Mom gave you the jewelry store?’
She chuckled.
‘Oh don’t be silly Meg’. She playfully smacked my shoulder.
The fuck? I noticed something glittery on her finger

‘What’s this?’ I grabbed her left hand and she giggled.
‘It’s what I’ve been trying to tell you about. It’s my endgame baby, Stuart proposed’.
‘He did?’ Well that’s a surprise. I thought he’d wait for ten more years until Gracie was forced to propose to him
‘It was the best thing ever. We were out with our friends and he went down on both knees, he had this whole poem written out but he cried so much he could barely finish it’.

Oh the thought of that sight. How it makes me cringe.

‘You won’t believe it, it was the ring I wanted! He did get the signs after all. After that, we went back to his place and…’
‘Hold it right there’. I placed my ball on her lips. ‘I have school now and I can’t afford to poison my brain with details from your engagement night’.
I walked around her to the kitchen and made myself a cup of coffee.

The girls were waiting at my locker when I got there.
‘You look like you cried to God all night’. Pokello commented on my appearance as I produced books out of my locker.
‘This is just me dreading another wedding’. I slammed the door shut.
‘Longitude proposed?’ Katie asked. We had nicknamed him that when he kept hitting his head on my kitchen cabinet.

‘Gracie was going to kill him if he didn’t’.
I turned to walk to class and my eyes landed on Jake who was just walking into school with Zayn. He looked from me to Zayn, then focused on the floor. I watched as Zayn’s smile formed when his eyes found me and I knew before he took a step that he was coming towards me. Pokello grabbed my arm.

‘Make up your fucking mind’. She whispered and walked off.
‘Are you okay?’ Zayn began as soon as he got to me. His smile was doing little to hide his concern.
‘You look like you were gangbanged last night’. He said
‘At least my best friend wasn’t in attendance’. I lowly said, looking at the sheepish boy behind him who sighed and ran a hand down his face.
‘Meg…’ Zayn started to say but the rest of his words were lost to the bell as I hurried to my class.

I breezed through the entire school day with the girls whilst subconsciously avoiding Zayn. I didn’t know why I was doing it. Maybe I was pissed that he had been holding the gay card over me when he was the gay one. No wonder he didn’t touch me that night in his room, or the one at mine.

Don’t forget the party’. My treacherous brain said but I had initiated stuff that night. What if he did it to protect his reputation? What if he pukes whenever he thinks of it while I’m busy…..

The gates opened I drove into the Rodriguez’ compound. I was there to see June; my big sister who was gorgeously pregnant for her weird little husband who just happened to be the brother of a certain somebody. It had nothing to do with him.
The door swung open before I could hold it and standing before me was a female, shorter and chubbier version of Zayn.

‘Lauren?’
‘Meghan!’ She pulled me into a fierce hug. ‘Oh my god, I’m so glad you are here’. She pulled me into the house.
‘When did you arrive?’ I asked
‘An hour ago?’ I called June and she sounded like she needed some sister-in-law magic so I boarded the next available flight, literally’.

The difference between the Rodriguez siblings has always amazed me.
‘How is your family?’ I asked as I was pulled into the kitchen and handed a bowl of carrots.
‘They are great. My husband was a little too relaxed about my departure, I feel like he thinks I’m bad influence on our child. Can you chop those for me sweetheart?’ She pointed to the carrots.
‘Sure’. I washed them at the sink and went to work.

‘As I was saying, he acts like I’m gonna lead Carl straight to hell and I’m like; bitch, I’m his goddamn mother and he goes all; that’s the problem, you don’t cuss in front of the baby, woman. Woman! How old am i? 42?’
I chuckle at her childish act. I can picture Gracie being like her in a couple years.
‘When is Zayn coming home? I miss that little nerd. Do you have any idea where he could be?’ She kept at her enthusiasm.

‘No idea’. I mumbled and she turned from the pot of veggies she was stirring.
‘Is there something wrong between you two? June told me you guys were sleeping over and stuff so I assumed everything was okay’.
When did she and June become soul sisters?
‘We are good’. I forced out
‘Then why are you butchering the carrots?’ I looked down at the mess I was making and sighed.

‘I’ve been stressed lately’.
‘Look Meghan, I understand how exhausting high school and being a teenager could be. You are trying to figure everything out and map out your future and the last thing you need is a guy with baggage but I promise you that Zayn is worth all the trouble and I’m not saying this as his big sister, I’m saying it because I know him and I know when he is hooked on someone. Can you at least just be there for him? For my sake? You bring out something in him that I haven’t seen in years’.

‘Ehm. Knock knock?’ June said from the door.
‘You aren’t supposed to leave your bed’. Lauren pointed a stern finger at her
‘Why not? Are you okay?’ I asked her
‘I’m fine. Just a little weak’. She stepped in and took a seat. ‘And I couldn’t miss out on some girl time. What’s that great smell?’

‘Your new favorite dish. It’s something my mother in-law made me eat when I had Carl inside of me for strength and shit’.
‘Well, it smells nice’.
‘Don’t get your nipples up babe, it doesn’t taste nearly as great as it smells. If it didn’t work for me, I’d have recommended it for effective abortion through barf’.

June and I laughed but then she gasped and clutched her tummy.
‘What’s wrong?’ Lauren and I simultaneously asked.
‘Cramps!’ she screamed. ‘Gut wrenching cramps’.

In a minute we had her in my car and I was speeding down to the hospital. Lauren’s phone rang and I connected it to the car and routed it to the speakers since she was busy pacifying June who looked so pained.

‘Lauren?’ Mrs. Rodriguez voice came up
‘Mom!’ Lauren sighed in relief
‘Why is the fire alarm going off at home?’
‘Shit. We must have forgotten to turn off the gas’.
‘What? Where are you?’
‘June got serious cramps so Meghan and I are taking her to the hospital’.
‘Sweet lord! How is she? I’m phoning your dad right now’.

Dr. Rodriguez was at the hospital’s entrance with practically his entire staff when we got there.
‘I’ll call Malik. Call your mom and Zayn’. Lauren instructed me as she went in with them.

----------------------------------------------------------------
Keep reading!😁