Zayn-4

She didn't reply my text, which was expected. Why was I still standing outside her window? Why was I even in this neighborhood?

Oh right, some twerp asked me to meet him around here else he'd ruin my life or something along that line. So here I am, not because I'm scared of someone ruining my life, that happened a couple years ago. I just want to know what is making him so confident.

I step out from underneath the tree I hid in when Meghan ran up to her window. I look up but her lights are turned off, she must be tired. Why wouldn't she be? How can someone with such a petite body play so much basketball? She's even captain and according to my buddy Jake, freakishly strong.

He'd know, she shoved him into the lockers a good number of times after he dumped one of her friends. She's such a mother hen.

Okay enough of the sister in-law Zayn, we have more pressing issues.

I walked to the end of the street and stopped in front of what looked like an abandoned driveway, where he asked me to wait.

I brought out a stick of cigarette from my breast pocket and lit it. I had a pack in my pants pocket but that'd be too much work so I always put three sticks in the breast pocket of my jackets each morning.

It was dark already and most cars were in their driveways. The stick had come down to half when I lifted my head and came face to face with a tattered guy that looked to be in his late 30s.

I didn't see him come, that's five points for stealth. As I looked around, I noticed they were other guys lurking in the shadows, cool.

'Well hello. Nice of you to finally show up'. I said drawing from the ciga and puffing it out.

'I'm not here to play with you kid'. He said and I just had to roll my eyes.
'Well obviously so get to the fucking point'. I snarled, getting as serious as I could manage.

'We've been watching you'. He started but I cut him off.
'Who are we?'
'The scorpions'.

Seriously? Scorpion? That's the name they could come up with?

'Interesting. So what have you learnt from the Zayn series?' I asked, already getting bored.

'The boss likes you, thinks you'll be good for the gang'.

'Well you can tell the boss I'm not interested. I prefer to be the only boss in my world'. I finally finished with the stick and dumped it.

'He knew you'd say that'. He said smirking all of a sudden. 'That's why he sent me with this'. He dipped his hand into his back pocket.

I half expected him to pull out a gun and threaten me till he eventually had to kill me but what he brought out was far worse. He handed it to me.

It was a photograph of me getting a supply of drugs. Seriously karma? Caught up with me already? Damn! I look good even in an alley. Focus Zayn!

Now I might not care about my life but I care about my parents, I never want to disappoint or hurt them even though I do it a lot already but if this photo went viral and everyone knew about the famous neurosurgeon, Dr Rodriguez's son being into drugs, my parents image would be damaged forever.

I look up to see tattered smirking at me.

'You have a week to decide Zayn'. He practically spat my name and walked off followed closely by shadow guys.

I looked at the picture again, I could frame it and position it on my nightstand, maybe that's not a really good idea. Then I'd have to explain to my mom when she goes to clean my room and find a photograph of me deep in illegal business standing proud on my bedside.