Chapter Seven: First Day

"Quiet down class!" The teacher shouted, the teenagers quieting down as she had said. The teacher cleared her throat, "We have a new student with us today," She looked towards me, "This is Y/N L/N she will be attending our school now."

I gave a nervous and fake smile and went to go sit in an empty seat. I placed my bag on the floor, wondering how Jack was acting. I smirked, thinking he would act cocky, but end up looking like a fool. I rubbed my eyes, remembering why I was really here.

I need to protect these teens and fight off Pitch. I should've reminded Jack. The school year hadn't started that long ago, it had only been three months. Then again, three months was nothing to me.

November 26th was the date, meaning Christmas was less than a month away. 

Before I had actually arrived to class, Jack and I had gone to the office to get our schedules.

Mine was rather normal, being that my first class was Math. Second class Literature. Third class Science and Biology. Break, meaning Lunch period. History being my fourth class and Humanities being my last class. There were no electives.

Being that I was physically a 16 year old, (That was a guess, did I put the physical age in the story yet?) I was in the Sophomore classes, while Jack who was physically a 17 year old was in the Junior classes.

The lesson was mainly on precalculus, which wasn't that hard.

The class ended and there was a 10 minute break, to get to talk and grab textbooks for the next class.

I went to the Junior hall, in search for Jack, to see how he was doing.

I wasn't surprised when I saw 3 girls around him. I stood by, hearing what they were saying.

One of them screeched about how lovely his hair was. Another one asked if she could touch his pale skin. 

The last girl asked, "Are you single?"

I raised an eyebrow, waiting for an answer. I wondered if Jack had a lover beyond the Spirits.

"Yeah, I am." He said.

I looked over to see the girl's reactions.

"But my heart is set on someone."

I questioned his response. It hadn't seemed reasonable. Jack Frost, being single and having his heart set one someone? It didn't make any sense. 

I thought being a Spirit, you couldn't fall in love.

Maybe I was wrong. Maybe I was just unable to feel love like others. Sure, I loved children, but I never had romantic feelings for anyone for the past 2,000 years. I wondered if, before I changed immortal, if I had someone I loved and they loved me as well.

I walked back to the Sophomore hall.

I shrugged off the thought of the whole Romance thing. I knew for certain that I was a loner, mortal or not.

"Hey."

I turned around, to see a boy.

I recognized him, his name was Mason Jones. Not a very bright student..

"Hi?" I responded.

"I can show you around the school, since you're new and all." He smiled.

"Oh, not that's fine. A staff member already showed me around but thanks for the offer." I said, realizing just how socially awkward I am.

Mason laughed, "Shy, aren't you?"

I nervously smiled, "Yeah, I guess."

The bell rung and I had walked past him quickly, grabbed my bag, and headed for class.

Literature passed, along with Science, and Lunch had finally approached.

I wasn't hungry.

"Why aren't you eating?" Jack asked.

"Not hungry." I said simply.

We were sitting alone at a bench.

"I turned down five girls to sit with me at lunch." Jack smirked.

"Is that so?" I said, no emotion in my voice whatsoever.

"What's wrong?" Jack looked at me, "You don't look like you like being mortal."

"I'm just not used to everyone.. Seeing me. If that makes sense." I leaned back on the bench, "It'll take me a while to adapt."

I looked at Jack, a sympathetic look in his eye.

He caught himself.

I smiled, "Wow, I thought you were always.. Cocky."

"I can have other emotions." He blushed.

Which caught me off guard, "And now you're blushing!" I sat up straight, smiling, the thought of Jack being anything but cocky was unbelievable!

I wanted to know Jack more and more now.

(I updated, yes. I've been using my phone while the doctor or my parents are not in the room)