Chapter Thirty Seven: My Lovely. . . Traitor?!

[please go check out my new story, Your Favorite ~Yandere!Human!Seasons x Reader~! i'd really appreciate it. enjoy the chapter, or in this case, try to.]

Y/n pushed Jack away with the end of her scythe and dodged the other arrow coming her way with the sharp end, "Cupid, how could you. . ?" She said meekly.

"You really are a stupid girl." Cupid emerged from the shadows.

Y/n laughed aloud.

His eyes widened.

"Man! I really am!" 

[lmao y'all thought]

"You're a Mock! How the hell could I forget?!" Y/n slapped her forehead. "Cupid only spreads love when he's aggressive, and lust when he's anything else! Man, oh man." She looked into the Mocks golden eyes.

Jack wrapped his arms around Y/n's waist, but she kicked him with her heel in the weaker part of the male body. Jack would stay down for a good amount of time.

Y/n formed into a thing of black smoke, and back to her regular form and slashed across the Mock with her scythe killing it. Jack went back to normal, his eyes going back to their icy blue tone.

"Oh, uh, sorry about that."

Jack tried to laugh, "Guess I'll never have kids. . ."

Y/n let out a small chuckle, "It's not permanent, so ice your balls or whatever and let's go."

"Did you seriously just tell me to--"

Y/n looked away, "Go on."

"Aw man! You're really serious!"

. . .

Y/n and Jack found themselves in a clean pool of water that was much too familiar to Y/n.

"Is it really only six feet deep?"

"Yes! Solid ground, I promise."

"Nothing under there?"

"Nothing."

Jack had taken off everything except his underwear and had been relaxing in the water. He had found a boulder laying next to the pool and thrown it in to sit on. He laid his head back, "All this Guardian work is really tiring, huh?"

"No." Y/n said dully.

Jack raised a brow, "Knew you were fit for this."

"Temporary. . ." Y/n's eyes moved to the side. 

"Let's not talk about this. Whenever we do, it just becomes stressful." He sunk deeper into the water. Whenever Jack breathed through his nose, you could see ice forming larger and larger around his face.

"Don't freeze your face there, snowman." Y/n warned, she moved her feet around a little in the water. Her feet had gotten a bit sore from the heels. She ran a hand through her hair, "Man, I got a real scare back there. I really thought that was Cupid."

"How are you so sure it wasn't?" Jack rolled his eyes.

"Um, because Cupid doesn't have gold eyes?"

Jack furrowed his brows, "Since when did Mocks have gold eyes?"

"You think that was Pitch?"

"If it was, then that means you killed--"

"Let's not overthink it. I'm sure Pitch is hiding in the shadows somewhere plotting his next attack." Y/n closed her eyes.

There was a small silence, and Y/n started to doze off.

"Y/n! I'm all alone."

Y/n's eyes opened wide, "What do you mean?"

Jack crossed his arms, "In the water, it's so lonely. Come sit with me."

"Hell no."

"You're not going to drown. And if you do, I'll save you."

"Like I want to be saved by you again. . ." She huffed.

"Then I guess I'll just pull you into the water." 

Y/n felt cold hands grip her ankles, and she looked down at Jack.

"Don't you da--!" 

Y/n gasped with surprised, but Jack kept a hold of her.

"I'm gonna kill you--"

"See? Isn't this nice?" Jack asked.

"You got my clothes all wet."

"Oh. . . Woops."

"Woops is all you have to say?"

Y/n flew out of his arms, and looked down at his pouting face. She sighed, "Look away."

"Why?"

"These clothes won't magically dry on me." 

Jack swam back to his spot and closed his eyes.

Y/n took off her cloak, her shirt, and her pants.

At least her socks and shoes weren't wet. . .