Chapter Fourty Six: Clementine

Kids and parents scurried into their homes, lighting every candle they could to keep the Nightmares away from reaching the children.

Pitch held up a finger, he looked frightened, "Grim Reaper. Foolish, you are." The Souls only fended them off from the Guardians, not the rest of the city.

Y/n furrowed her eyebrows.

Something slithered their hand into her cloak, with incredible speed, and grabbed her orb. Her face became pale.

"This is one of the Souls you captured. Her name is Clementine."

Y/n was frozen with fear. She could feel Jack looking at her, possibly with the same expression as her.

x  x  x

"If you die, do you become a Spirit?" Clementine asked.

"I'm not sure. Maybe you become a ghost, and if you're too bad or too good, you become a Spirit to serve another purpose." Y/n responded.

"When you die, I'm sure you'll become a Spirit."

"Bad or good?" Y/n raised an eyebrow.

"Good, for sure." Clementine giggled, "I can't see you ever becoming evil. Even if the village thinks you're a witch."

"Well, at least you believe I'm not. I always wondered why I could predict death."

Clementine gasped, "Maybe it's destiny?!"

"What do you mean?"

"Maybe you were, like, born to be a Spirit."

"So you're saying I'll just kill people when I become a Spirit? Or if I do."

Clementine shrugged, "Maybe. But that would make you evil."

"I guess."

"If you do, I'll be your loyal follower for eternity."

Y/n smiled, "Thanks. And if you die before me, I'll be your loyal follower."

x x x

Y/n remembered. This girl, Clementine, she must've known in her past life.

"What's going on?" Tooth questioned.

"I'm not sure. . ." North glanced to Y/n.

She gulped, "If you kill me, I'll bring you down with me, Pitch." Y/n threatened.

"But if I even squeeze this, you'll be gone in a mere second. How would you kill me?"

"My loyal follower will."

Pitch laughed, "How? She's with me now. This Soul knows your true nature. You're a disgusting, evil creature."

Y/n's hand moved over to the Moon charm, that granted her his power. But she deactivated it.

"Is two thousand years too long. . ?" Y/n mumbled.

Jack tried to attack Pitch, but Clementine stopped him by simply outstretching her hand. Y/n charged after the orb, along with the rest of the Guardians. Jack was fighting Clementine, but was struggling.

Pitch's eyes went wide, and he did everything he could to keep the orb up in the air, but he stretched it high enough were his [non-existent] muscle couldn't squeeze it. 

Y/n was about to slash her scythe to kill Pitch once in for all, but she suddenly found herself unable to move.

"NO!"

I felt my world go into some sort of slow-motion sequence. It felt somewhat OK, but the rest was inexplicable pain. I looked down, and saw that my body had begun to wither away. Jack was yelling and crying, the Guardians couldn't even watch. I guess 2,000 years really was too much.

Pitch was laughing manically, but Jack grabbed my scythe, and killed him, ruthlessly. He would not stop stabbing him. And Jack thought I was erratic. Jack flew over to me, holding my face, pleading for me not to go. Like I could help it, though. I guess this is the end, for me anyway. I never got to tell Jack.

The Guardians seemed unable to do anything, except watch Jack cry and beg. I wish he would use my scythe to kill me, the pain was unbearable. But I would use this last few moments to look at Jack's eyes. I took in every detail of his face. It was streamed with angry and sad tears.

I wanted to cry, too. But all that came out was a single tear.

"Goodbye, Jack."

The Grim Reaper was gone.