Chapter Twenty Four: It Got Personal

changed my mind, this chapter won't be long after all :)

It was January.

Christmas went smoothly, Pitch surprisingly didn't do anything to ruin it.

Except, Y/N was still scarred from what she saw many months ago. At this point, the black was just below her collarbone.

She was scared out of her mind, but she made numerous new friends that made her forget about it- even if they didn't know about her true self.

One of them was a cop's daughter, and she always filled in what happened in their little friend group.

Jack's feelings for Y/N only grew as time went on, but he wasn't sure if she felt the same way.

"Do you guys remember when that family was murdered? And how their bodies just disappeared?"

"Yeah." Brittnee nodded, she was one of Y/N's first human friends.

"Of course." Louis nodded as well, he was one of Jack's friends.

The inner circle, Brittnee Peterson, Louis Rex, Jack Frost, Y/N L/N, and the cop's daughter, Laila Carter.

Laila sat down at the lunch table, "My dad finally let me know what happened."

Y/N's eyes widened, "Did they find the bodies?"

"No. No one knows where the bodies went. But my Dad kept having nightmares about it."

Y/N and Jack exchanged glances. They hadn't seen Pitch since Y/N and Cupid fought him, and lost.

"Anyway, I overheard my Mom talking about it with my Dad. My Mom kept asking what was wrong and what he was dreaming about. He said that he was the only cop that had seen the bodies and that they were covered in some sort of black substance."

Jack looked over to Y/N, concerned if she should be hearing this or not.

"Go on, Laila, what else?" Louis leaned in, intrigued.

"He said this wasn't in his dream but what he was remembering, but, my dad said that the bodies had black chunky liquid oozing out of their eyes and mouth. He also said that their faces and bodies were hollowed out from all the fat- and they were just skin and bone."

Y/N covered her hand over mouth, "Excuse me.." She rushed away.

Jack stood up abruptly and quickly followed after her.

Y/N ran into the Girl's Bathroom and into a stall, she fell to her knees and threw up into the toilet.

Jack swung the door open and rushed over to Y/N, he caressed her back.

Once she was done she wiped her mouth and looked over to Jack with her teary eyes, "That'll be me soon.."

"No, it won't. We can defeat Pi-"

"We don't even know where he is!" Y/N snapped, she stood up, "Get out.. Before a girl sees you in here." I wiped my mouth of any vomit.

Jack pursed his lips in a line and walked out.

I washed out my mouth of the disgusting taste and went back to the cafeteria.

Later

Jack and Y/N were walking home, there was an awkward silence.

Y/N was walking behind Jack, but she soon realized this was a different route.

"Jack, this isn't-"

Jack grabbed Y/N's wrists and pulled her aside out of sight.

He put his hand next to her head, she gasped.

"Jack, what are you-!?"

He couldn't control himself, he didn't know why- and he pressed his cold lips up against Y/N's.

Jack closed his eyes as Y/N's were wide open.

She grabbed a hold of his shoulders and pushed him off.

"Jack! What was that?"

His eyes widened, "S-Sorry! I don't know why I did that.."

Y/N raised an eyebrow, "Everyone has their reasons.." She kicked him in the stomach.

Jack bent over, "What was that for!?"

"What do you think?" She smirked and went back out on the street.

Jack looked up to see her already walking away, "Man.. This girl..."