Chapter Thirty Six: The Harsh Reality

[a/n: i'm honestly SOO pissed right now!! this girl keeps talking shit at my school. she keeps posting stuff like 'message me if you have a problem with me' and if you don't like her because of 'one problem then ya life sucks'. i mean who says that?? if you want people to say 'i have a problem, let's talk', then don't put them down, because then nobody wanna talk to you! i know she's talking about me, because i'm really the only one she has a problem with, but i don't wanna talk to her because she's rude and disrespectful. she said she'd 'make her way' to people who 'talk about her' WHICH I DON'T! so i don't know what to do. . . can someone help me? i know it's dumb to ask but my friends don't like talking about drama.]

"C-Clementine?" Y/n raised an eyebrow, "How do you know my name?"

The red head looked shocked, "Mom, what's gotten into you?"

"Mom?!" Y/n gasped. "I'm your mom?!"

'Clementine' blushed, "S-Sorry, I didn't mean to call you that! You're too young to be my mom, silly!" She laughed it off, Y/n was totally confused.

Where the hell was Jack? Y/n understood that she definitely was not underwater, and she had *probably* never kissed Jack, just an illusion.

Y/n's eyes widened, 'The Pishaca!'

"Y/n, hellooo?"

She shook her head, "Huh?"

"Omisha!" Someone with a loud, deep voice called out. "Omisha!"

"Your parents are calling for you." Clementine said.

"P-Parents. . ?" Y/n felt something odd, she would really be meeting her parents. She quickly ran over to who was calling her, which was inside a house. When she opened the door, there was only white, like before. Y/n groaned, and slammed her fist into the wall, but she heard a loud groan.

"Awh! Y/n are you serious?!"

It was Jack.

"S-Sorry." Y/n squinted her eyes, she pinched herself. There was pain. She let out a sigh of relief.

"You were out for a while, you know." Jack paused, "The Pishaca's dead, by the way."

"I know, I killed it."

"Huh? No, you were just laying on the floor where the thing pulled you away from. I finished it off."

Y/n came to the conclusion that her killing it was an illusion, too. But this for sure isn't. It's reality. [it really is, just so you're not confused!]

"How long was I out for?" Y/n stood up, Jack as well.

He shrugged, "Ten hours?"

Y/n looked down at her arm, to see that it was perfectly fine. But she let out a lamenting sigh as she realized that her kiss with Jack was fake. Y/n shook her head, "No. . . No. . . No. . ."

"No what?" Jack smirked, leaning against his staff.

"N-Nothing. Did you encounter any other Mocks while I was unconscious?"

"Nope. Been pretty quiet."

"That's good." Y/n gave a soft smile towards Jack. His cheeks tinted pink.

"What's gotten into you?" He asked. "You seem. . . Off."

"Do I?" Y/n furrowed her brows, "Well, um, you should get some rest. I'll keep watch."

"You sure?"

"Yeah, I've been out for ten hours, so it's well deserved."

"Suits me." Jack smiled, put on his hood, and leaned against the wall, dozing off.

Y/n put her hood on as well, leaving her scythe beside her. She let her wrists rest on her knees.

. . .

Y/n had fallen asleep. Jack was still asleep.

A snapping sound awoke Y/n, but Jack still lay asleep.

She saw a quick glance of blonde hair.

Y/n stood up, grabbing her scythe.

An arrow flew just past her head. Her eyes widened, she turned around to see that it had hit Jack. His eyes fluttered open.

Y/n's pupils dilated immensely, and she gritted her teeth at the attacker.

Another arrow shot at Y/n, just barely missing her.

"What the hell are you doing?!" Y/n growled.

A deep purr like sound came from behind her, and she felt something grab her rear. She gasped.

"What a cute thing you are. . ." Jack rested his head on her shoulder.

Y/n came to the realization.

There was no mistake.

The attacker's identity was much too obvious.