Chapter Thirty Nine: The Grim Reaper's Anger

Y/n kicked over a wheelbarrow with her heel. Her unnecessary lash out at Jack would probably kill her with regret and embarrassment later, but in the moment, she was as angered as ever.

She didn't know why. Why was she angry?

"What's got you upset?"

"I don't feel like fighting another Mo--" Y/n turned around, but her eyes immediately softened. She went over to hug the person speaking to her.

"Gosh, Cupid, I needed you. . ." She didn't let go, "How'd you get in here?"

"I have my ways, I always do." Cupid snickered, "You haven't used the necklace for a while, I guess."

"I thought I could rely on Jack, but I was wrong."

Cupid felt the corner of his lip perk up, "What'd he do?"

"It really didn't start out as much. He asked me what I could do, but I was just kinda blowing him off. So he called me a brat, and I called him nosy. Then he questioned how he was nosy, and I ignored it. I said he couldn't handle reality and that after we defeat Pitch, I wouldn't come into much contact with the Guardians."

"And then you ran off?"

"No. Jack said I was like Pitch after saying that. That's when I ran off."

Cupid and Y/n pulled away from their embrace.

"Unfortunately, you two are a team. The Moon won't be very happy about this, I assume. We should go find him. I'll help you guys, too."

Y/n smiled, "Thanks, Cupid."

"This isn't the first time you two have fought, huh?"

"H-How do you know?"

"I was the one in the tree when you guys were on some sorta date."

"B-But I thought that was the murderer!"

"I'm no murderer, Y/n." Cupid snickered, and Y/n nudged him.

"Whatever, just don't get into a fight with Jack, got it?"

"You're in charge. . ."