Chapter Fourty Seven: Gone

Jack's crying became uncontrollable. The Guardians let him mourn, and they put their heads down.

This went on for nearly 20 minutes, until they got him into the sleigh, and back to their headquarters.

. . .

They held a ceremony for the Grim Reaper. Jack was standing with his hands in his pockets with his hood over his head. After it was over, he was leaning against the same windowsill Y/n had when she first came to the headquarters. 

The fairy emerged from Jack's hoodie, with a sad look. She started to wipe his tears. Jack let out a sad chuckle, and mumbled a 'Thank you'. He asked the fairy if she knew where Death Palace was, but she shook her head.

Jack leaned against the wall, "I never even had the courage to tell her." He sighed and looked out the window.

"I love you, Y/n." He smiled to himself, "I love the Grim Reaper." Jack let out a sigh, and closed his eyes.

. . .

The Guardians were discussing what would happen without nightmares in the world, it almost seemed unrealistic.

"But there has to be a balance. . ." Tooth touched her chin.

"There's other evil Spirits out there that can cause fear, so let's try not to discuss it." North said, "Jack is still very. . distraught."

Sandman formed a broken heart above his head.

Bunnymund swallowed, regretting their first time meeting.

"Is there anyway we can bring hi- her back?" Tooth started to fidget with her hands.

North glanced over to Y/n's scythe that had been enclosed in a glass case, the charms twinkling in the moonlight. "That orb that Pitch was holding. . ."

"Was her Soul." Jack finished, his eyes were red from crying. The fairy sat on his shoulder. "That means her body has to be somewhere, right?"

"Jack. . . We saw her body wither away. . ." Tooth's eyes softened.

"But it could've gone somewhere else! I saw her, when she touched that orb, she went somewhere else. It was some sort of palace."

"A palace?" North paced while touching his beard, "Knowing the Grim Reaper, it would no doubt be in a very well hidden location."

"Probably some mountain in an uncharted area."

"Exactly!" North smiled.

Sandman pointed to her scythe, only Jack saw.

"What would her scythe do. . ?" Jack mumbled.

Sandman formed a small scythe out of sand and had it float away from him, then make it go immediately to him.

"Like a metal detector?"

Sandman nodded.

North, Tooth, and Bunny looked over.

"Oi, what're you two talkin' about?"

"If we were to go to places where Y/n, er, Grim Reaper usually goes, her palace may be near, and we can use her scythe to locate her." Jack said, a bit quickly.

"Who would know? You've only known her for a couple months." Bunny crossed his arms.

Jack gulped, "The Spirit of Love, Cupid."